Day 1's task is to Record the Advantages of Losing Weight. I am to keep this on and index card and read this every day, and whenever I'm feeling myself craving something I shouldn't. Well, this is easy enough, and I figured it can be helpful to all of you, whether you're pre-op or post-op.
Soo....... here is my list of advantages of losing weight, in no particular order, as I am flying freehand right now, and writing them as I go. I'm sure I will think of 100's more reasons but here is what I have in my head now! :)
- I will be more self confident.
- I will be more outgoing.
- I will have accomplished something that I haven't been able to do in a lifetime so far.
- I will look better.
- I will FEEL better.
- I will be healthier.
- I will be noticed more.
- I will like myself.
- I will be able to be more active.
- I will have fewer problems conceiving when the time is right.
- I will have more energy.
- I will feel more in control of myself and my surroundings.
- I will be happier.
- I will not hide from the world because I am too fat.
- I will have more self worth.
- I will be more assertive.
- I will not be as afraid of rejection.
- Others will find me more attractive.
- I will not be hindered by my size.
- I will say YES to more activities.
- I will be an inspiration to someone out there.
- I will be able to help others lose weight as well.
- I will believe in myself more.
- I will be less critical of myself.
- I'll live longer.
- I won't have anyone tell me I have a pretty face. I will be told that I am pretty.
- I'll get joy out of clothes shopping.
I'm sure a ton more will come to me, but that's much more than what will fit on my index card to re-read daily!
My list would have been much longer if I had done this pre-op or immediately post op. Riding in airplanes, rollercoasters, etc. would have definitely made the list... Sitting in patio furniture without breaking it... you get the idea! There are sooo many wonderful things about losing weight, and I have experienced so many. I just need to work on my mind, b/c in my mind I'm still the fat girl that no one noticed.. and I know it's not true, but I can't keep it out of my head permanently, and get over the fact that I'm not 312 lbs anymore!