Regardless, it is so true! How can you get different results when you try the same things on a day to day basis/ You simply can not!
- I can't expect to feel well rested when I continue to go to bed late at night.
- I can't expect to lose those last pesky pounds when I haven't made any changes in "diet"/exercise.
- I can't expect to get out of this rut that I'm in by having the same routine every day.
- I re-joined Weight Watchers. There are things I love about the program, and there are things that don't work well for me. What I need out of it is the accountability, the weekly weigh ins, the meetings and the tracking. So, the majority of it will help me right now. And realistically I am only 10-12 lbs from what I can establish as a lifetime goal... with that, moving forward...
- I am setting goals and giving myself rewards. 155 is my lifetime goal. Once I am at that for 6 weeks, WW will be free for me. As a reward for hitting lifetime (and staying there 6 weeks), I will re-join a monthly massage place as my reward (The cost for that is $10 more than what I pay for WW, so it's only spending $10 more for a massage, not bad!) I will start saving and if I stay lifetime for 2 years, then maybe I'll treat myself to a boob job! WAHOO! LOL
- I will make sure I get 2-3 workouts in per week. I will NOT use my activity points in Weight Watchers, but I will track them.
Another thing - I refuse to diet. I am not going to allow myself to get back into that pattern in my life. I have spent basically the last 34 years of my life on a diet, and I am not going to start that vicious cycle all over again. I am going to eat more consciously. My job is stressful to me, and I eat when stressed. I need to eat only when hungry, and not let my emotions dictate what goes in my mouth.
Anyway - That's what's been happening in my little corner of the world... I will continue to update.