About Gastric Girl

My photo
Tomball, TX, United States
My name is Laurie. I'm 34 and I live in a suburb of Houston, TX. My life isn't super exciting or ultra dramatic, but I love it! My blogs are just a peek into my life as I know it. I'm quite random and have an opinion on everything, but I love everyone's aspect on things, even if I disagree. The world would be quite boring if not! :-)

4/16/2009

Weighing In


I haven't posted a weigh in lately, so I figured I should. I'm holding steady at 158. Yeah, I gained a few pounds over the past 2 months, but at the same time, I lost 10 pounds from surgery, so some of that came back. I'm not going to beat myself up over that.


I will beat myself up over something else. Mother Nature! Every time she rolls around, I get cravings for the stupidest shit... and act on it! This month? CORN DOGS! I don't even like hot dogs.. but corn dogs? I HAD to have one.. Sigh... that really sucked! Anyways, I indulged in 2 corn dogs this week, and now it's time to move on. I had broken up with Cheese Nips, and then my mom had to go buy some for me. I had the discussion that I am no longer friends with Cheese Nips. They are EVIL... evil in its purest, cheesiest form!! I brought the Cheese Nips to work so I could share the evilness with everyone else... and I did the same with the rest of the corn dogs. HA! lol
The picture above is from my birthday lunch at work last month, with one of my dear friends! :) We share our birthday month, so we shared the birthday lunch too.. at least we have the same taste in food! haha
I stayed at John's last night, and when I packed, I packed some jeans that I didn't realize should have been given away. So today, I am hiking up my jeans b/c they are 2 sizes too big. I may have to go retro 80s and roll up my jeans, a'la Jil from bowling last week! hehehe I think I'll be doing very little running around today. :-)
Ok, I'm a rambler today.. why is this? B/c I am indulging in yet another craving... a Grande Skinny Vanilla Latte from Starbucks... and it's dayumm good! :)
I'll probably blog more again later.. just wanted to vent for now.. more positive things to come! :)




4 comments:

Kim H. said...

OH MY GOSH... AMEN! I am going through that right now in the worst way... only I can't kick the Coldstone Creamery out of my mind. And with that comes something salty... GEEZ!

I was totally blaming it on my fertility meds, but maybe it's something else?

Janine said...

I can eat chippie after chippie and it is driving me mad....I watched aprogram on telly with my hubby last night about Gastric Bypass and he now has a better understanding of the process and why some foods have effects on me.

Heather said...

OH BOY! I do the same thing! At first, after surgery, I didn't have a desire to eat ANYTHING during that time. But unfortunately, in the last few months, that has changed and now I find myself insatiable. Ok, Ok, I stop before I get sick, but I, too, want the worst stuff!

It'll get better, right??

But it sure is fun to put some extra large pants on to make you feel better - doesn't it? I want pictures of your rolled britches!

Kim said...

I break up and get back together with carbs all the time! Cheez Its and Animal Crackers and I bought English chocolate back from England as well, but am nibbling VERY sparingly. It's just so much better than ours!