About Gastric Girl

My photo
Tomball, TX, United States
My name is Laurie. I'm 34 and I live in a suburb of Houston, TX. My life isn't super exciting or ultra dramatic, but I love it! My blogs are just a peek into my life as I know it. I'm quite random and have an opinion on everything, but I love everyone's aspect on things, even if I disagree. The world would be quite boring if not! :-)

6/23/2009

Feeling like Poo!

Well, I think I may possibly have an ulcer or something going on with my gut again. I had some sharp, shooting gas-like pains last night that lasted for HOURS, and one night last week. It obviously isn't a gallbladder attack, since I no longer have a gallbladder. It's quite unlikely that it's an intestinal hernia, since I just had that repaired in February, and it's not the normal type of hernia that recurs normally. So, what's that leave? An ulcer, or really bad gas pains. So, I'm treating both. I have some carafate from my hospital stint in feb, so I'm taking that, and I'm also taking gas x. If I have another bad attack in the next week or so, I'll call my doctor.

Beyond that, my world seems to be changing quite rapidly. John put an offer in on a house over the weekend. They countered, he countered back, and they accepted. So now goes the inspection, the financial stuff, and the preliminary closing date is July 23, a month from today! WOW! I have a lot of stuff to do before then.. lol

At home, the A/C was out last night.. they came to repair it today, and a new one is needed. They did a quick fix with a new part, but he couldn't guarantee how long it would last.. SIGH!! I wish I could help my mom out more financially, but I surely can't afford $5-6K! EEK!

Anyways, I have a lot going on at work too.. just wanted to put in a post as I know it's been awhile!
Hugs to all!

8 comments:

Janine said...

Sorry to hear you have had some pain....I know how worrying it can be trying to figure out what is causing stuff. The aircon sounds expensive!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry you're not feeling well Laurie. I'm hoping it's not something serious.

The a/c problem couldn't come at a worst time, It's too dam hot to go without it. I can't believe how expensive those things are.

SeaShore said...

Hope you're feeling better!

Heather said...

NO, NO, NO! You can't be having trouble! I'm so sorry. I hope it all gets better and I hope you're able to keep things cool!

July 23 is RIGHT around the corner! How exciting for you!!!

Feel better soon! You don't need the extra stress!!!

Sending Hugs from Cali!

Herbalife Las Vegas said...

I hope you feel better, sorry to hear about the gas pains.

Susy said...

Sorry to read about your tummy. I hope it's not ulcers and it passess.

Life is moving right along for you. Be happy and you sound like you are!

:)

Kim said...

Hope you are soon feeling way better, girly! And best of luck on the house closing! Find out what is up with your pain before you have the stress of moving!

InWeighOverMyHead said...

I hope you feel better soon!

- Lisa
www.losewithlisa.blogspot.com