About Gastric Girl

My photo
Tomball, TX, United States
My name is Laurie. I'm 34 and I live in a suburb of Houston, TX. My life isn't super exciting or ultra dramatic, but I love it! My blogs are just a peek into my life as I know it. I'm quite random and have an opinion on everything, but I love everyone's aspect on things, even if I disagree. The world would be quite boring if not! :-)

7/29/2010

Thursday 13: Places I'd Like To Visit

Good morning, guys and dolls!   Thank you for all the support on my post yesterday... I didn't get a good night's sleep because John had to work an overnighter again, but I swear it will happen soon!  Out of my control....  AHH!   At least today, I have no headache and I am fairly conscious! haha

This week's Thursday 13 will be places that I'd love to visit.   I think that the travel bug constantly lives inside of me, and if I had unlimited funds (if only!), then I would probably be a world traveler!
1)  England - I would love to ride the tube in London, go to Stonehenge, and swim across the English Channel (Ha!, not really, but sounds fun!)..   It just seems like a great place to visit.
2) Japan - There is always something intriguing about Japan to me.. I'd love to go when the cherry blossoms are in full bloom.  I would DEFINITELY get my fill on sushi while I'm there as well.   I've heard you need a small fortune for anything there, so I'm not sure why this one is so high on my list!
3) Australia - Every picture I've seen has been absolutely gorgeous, and going to a country where I understand the language would be so nice! haha!   
4) New Zealand - Same as above, but I'd also love to meet some of my blog friends!
5) Italy - The food, the fashion, the architecture... it'd be a great place to spend some time!
6) Greece - I've always wanted to go here as well.. The architecture would be amazing to see in person!
7) Egypt - I don't think I'd ever feel safe here in this lifetime, but at the same time, seeing the pyramids in person would be very cool!
8) France -  I would love to go to the art museums, visit the Eiffel Tower, and have lots of French wine!
9) Costa Rica - I've seen many beautiful pictures from here as well, and it'd be a great tropical destination!
10) Banff, Canada - Ok, I've been here before, but it's so beautiful that it made my list anyway.  It's in the Canadian Rockies, and the town is so cute and quaint!
11) New York City - I have been here twice but I loved it so much, and there are still so many places I want to go.  
12) Peru - I'd love to go to Machu Picchu, and who could resist going to Lake Titicaca? HAHA   It was the easiest lake ever for me to remember in my geography class!
13) Germany - Although I am not a beer drinker, my boyfriend is... I'd love to go to Oktoberfest and experience it with him!  

There ya have it..  I'd love to visit everywhere if I could, but alas, there are only 13 spots! haha
If you could go anywhere, money not a question, where would you go?

Want to participate?   Thursday 13

9 comments:

Rachel said...

We have so many of the same places on our list!! I really would love to tour Europe if I had the money/time, etc.

Great list!!

:)
Rachel

Anonymous said...

Cool list, Laurie!

I'd love to go to Paris! And Florence! And Maui!

Donna said...

I've not been many places yet, but so far Italy is my favorite. I would go back there in a New York (or Italian) minute! Great TT!

Sparkler said...

Yay! Come and visit England...we can have a mini BOOBS! xx

Tricia said...

Hey Laurie! Thank you SO much for the sweet book that you sent me! I've been slowly working my way through it in the evenings and lots of little bits are making me smile. It really means a lot to me, so I just wanted to say thanks so much! I wanted to send you a thank you card, so if you don't mind emailing me your address, that would be great. Thanks friend <3

Christine said...

England, without a doubt. My favorite place in the whole world.

But if I had to choose a NEW place that I've never been to...I can't wait to see Zurmott, Switzerland. We want to go there for our 10th wedding anniversary.

I also can't wait to visit Australia and New Zealand!

Janine said...

Well we definately want to see you here in New Zealand.......can't wait till one of us win lotto to make it a reality!!!

Falon said...

I'm going to Germany with you guys! Hell, I'd be happy going to any spot in Europe.

jillconyers said...

Fun list! I want to go to Paris, Greece (with my daughter), Tuscany, England...the list is long :) One day!