About Gastric Girl

My photo
Tomball, TX, United States
My name is Laurie. I'm 34 and I live in a suburb of Houston, TX. My life isn't super exciting or ultra dramatic, but I love it! My blogs are just a peek into my life as I know it. I'm quite random and have an opinion on everything, but I love everyone's aspect on things, even if I disagree. The world would be quite boring if not! :-)

8/01/2008

The Weekend Has Arrived! Huzzahh!!

Well, this week has been very long a tortuous. Not for any reason really - I'm just burned out at work, not getting quality sleep, and just overall a blob. Doesn't that sound fun!?
Tonight I'm going to an Astros game with Jay.. they're playing the Mets! Every Friday at the Astros games, there are fireworks after the game. I really like watching that.. it's not a cheap production at all! Then after the fireworks, I'm going to Barnes and Noble's release party at midnight to get the final book in the Twilight Saga - Breaking Dawn. This is the fourth book, and I'm in the middle of the third one. I have been reading it slowly because I know I'll want to start reading the final book immediately! My friend Michelle turned me on to these books. They're actually Young Adult books, as she was a 6th grade reading teacher before moving to social studies. I really really love the books though, and it's not about what I would typically want to read.. maybe that's why I had her copy of Twilight for 4 months before I even started reading it! LOL But, once I started, I couldn't put it down, and had to go buy all 3 of the current books, as well as the author's first adult book (not adult in that sense, just a book written for adults), The Host. I'll let you know how that is when I get to it! :)
Other than tonight, and church on Sunday, I don't have much planned. Personally, this is a great thing! My computer should be arriving today sometime, so maybe I can get that set up. When I left for NYC in June, I turned my computer off. I rebooted it when I got home from vacation, and it turned on, then I got a white screen, and nothing ever happened with it again! Hmm.. who knows what the deal is! I found a good scratch n dent one from dell.com and am awaiting it's arrival. It has Blu-Ray on it, and a media bay for the SD cards.. I'm kind of excited about that! :)
Ok, I've been rambling on and on today for no reason... so I will be off... I hope all of you have a lovely weekend!
xoxo
GG

1 comment:

Kim H. said...

YEAH!! I can't wait for the computer to arrive - so you can comment away!! Have a great time at the game, and with the reading... I'll be spending tomorrow doing much of the same... cheers fellow reader!