About Gastric Girl

My photo
Tomball, TX, United States
My name is Laurie. I'm 34 and I live in a suburb of Houston, TX. My life isn't super exciting or ultra dramatic, but I love it! My blogs are just a peek into my life as I know it. I'm quite random and have an opinion on everything, but I love everyone's aspect on things, even if I disagree. The world would be quite boring if not! :-)

1/23/2013

Anyone out there?

I've been informed that I needed to blog, so here we go! :-)
Yes, it's been quite some time since I've blogged.   Life has had it's ups and downs, as has the scales, but my health and life in general is great right now.    I'm up about 20 lbs from my lowest weight, but at my lowest I know I was not healthy at all.  I was sick from ulcers, and unable to hold food down much, and I had absolutely no strength.  I'm trying to find my happy medium between the scale, my clothes, and my mental happiness about the two...  it's quite a challenge!

So, I am 5 years out from my surgery, and I still feel like a success even though I've had a little of a gain.  I work out 3-6 times per week now, and am truly feeling the strongest I have ever felt.   I am back in school, and my Scentsy business has really taken off since I have last written a blog.  I'm now a Director and have 85 people on my team.    I've earned an all expense paid trip for 2 that I went on last June, and earned one for this year as well... wahoo!!! :-)

I haven't looked on my blogroll lately either..  Who's still out there?? :-)

11 comments:

Jamie said...

Hi there. I am out here! Great to see your update.

Chris H said...

I have gone no where! I am thrilled to see you back to blogging.

MB said...

Hey, Laurie! I'm still here too. I'm glad to see you're back!

Jil said...

I am still here...snicker, snicker...

KrysTros said...

Still here with you chic! Uggh, I gained about 20 lbs last year too. Hope you continue blogging as yours was one of the few that I followed in the beginning of my own WLS journey.

Anonymous said...

Just read your blog for the first time. I'd like to hear more!

Unknown said...

I am out there! Hello!

Jil said...

Just as an FYI, Laurie Sawyer Passed away on Tuesday, September 24th, 2013 at 8:20 a.m.

Prayers for friends and family are appreciated.

Lee said...

Hey! It's always good to talk to someone and surround yourself around positive people on your road to success. I'm always open to listen and talk to anyone so feel free to ask me anything.

aarongrey112 said...

bless you with all your success!

Unknown said...

Achieve weight loss. I loss 50 pounds. https://amzn.com/B01KW6AB3M

Eat right and work hard.