About Gastric Girl

My photo
Tomball, TX, United States
My name is Laurie. I'm 34 and I live in a suburb of Houston, TX. My life isn't super exciting or ultra dramatic, but I love it! My blogs are just a peek into my life as I know it. I'm quite random and have an opinion on everything, but I love everyone's aspect on things, even if I disagree. The world would be quite boring if not! :-)

3/09/2009

Happy Monday! :-)

Hello to all! :-)
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Mine was great. Friday night, I went to dinner with John. There is an awesome stir fry place on 290 at Tidwell called Kublai Khan's Crazy Mongolian Stir Fry. You basically make your own plate using raw foods, and then make a sauce, and they stir fry it for you. They add no oils or fats, they use water and whatever sauce you conjure up. Quite tasty! :-) Saturday, John and I picked up Michelle and we all went for our first bike ride. It was an experience! haha The first trail we went to started with a big hill (going DOWN!), and then once the hill ended, there was a bridge. Let me just say, I was terrified. I had decided I was going to walk my bike down that hill because it was too steep, and I haven't ridden a bike since I was about 10 years old. Well, my bike started moving down the hill with me still on it, and the pedals got away from me! Amazingly, I did not end up in the water, or with my face permanently planted into the bridge.. I didn't even fall! And even better, John didn't see me! hahah After that adventure, it was smooth sailing. We ended up riding about 8 miles. I'm not sure if that is good or not, but hey, I'll take it! :) It was definitely a great work out. It was a quite windy day, so we got to ride half of our trail against the wind, and that was challenging! We took Michelle back home, and then we all had time to get ready for the evening, and out we went again! We went to the Aeros game. It was a lot of fun. Then on Sunday, I went with John to visit his family up in Splendora. It was really nice. His mom is super sweet, and his niece and nephew are lots of fun. Then in the evening, we went to see the Watchmen. It was an interesting movie. I liked it, but it wasn't anything that I thought it would be, and it is DEFINITELY not child or even teenager appropriate.
I made it through my crazy week at work last week, and this week is actually going pretty well so far. I have a half day on Friday, which rocks because John has the whole week off, and I can spend more time with him. Tomorrow night I have another hockey game, and Thursday I leave a little early to go see Dr. W for my hospital follow up. Exciting stuff. :-)
Anyways, I'm just rambling as usual.. Till next time! :-)
GG

2 comments:

Kim H. said...

I think 8 miles is VERY good for your first ride in 10 years! :-)

Tell Dr. W that I said Hi... I need to see him... I had a dream about him last night, it was something weird about going with my office to get physicals but they were with another doctor in his office (not his Dad) and I was ticked that I couldn't see him... so I didn't see anyone. HA!

Donna said...

8 miles is freakin' awesome for the first time out. I don't think I went that far my first time! LOL

Thanks, too, for the donation -- assuming that it was you, which I suspect. If not, just smile, nod and say "of course it was me!"