About Gastric Girl

My photo
Tomball, TX, United States
My name is Laurie. I'm 34 and I live in a suburb of Houston, TX. My life isn't super exciting or ultra dramatic, but I love it! My blogs are just a peek into my life as I know it. I'm quite random and have an opinion on everything, but I love everyone's aspect on things, even if I disagree. The world would be quite boring if not! :-)

3/25/2009

New Day, New Attitude

OK - I think I've fixed my attitude.. at least for the time being! :)
I went to the gym after work yesterday, and since no one wants me to do weights yet b/c of my tendency to overdo it, I did 40 minutes on the elliptical machine, burning 350 calories.. woo hoo!
Then, I went to get my massage, and WOW, it was very nice! My massage therapist worked on my back and shoulders and seemed to get a bunch of the knots out.. YAY! :)
I went home afterwards and had dinner, and read for awhile. My boyfriend is having me read the Harry Potter series, and I'm on book 4 now. It's actually really good, and I never in a million years thought I would like it! LOL
This morning, I woke up and went to the gym again! I would love this to turn into a habit, but I know that I am NOT a morning person, so we shall see what comes of it. It's nice knowing that it's only 9:15 and I already got my daily workout in though.. I need to see what classes are being offered and where.. I can tell that I'm going to get bored on the elliptical very soon. I kept wanting to get off and do something else, like weights or crunches, but theyr'e forbidden right now.
Today, I have a sushi happy hour after work. I'm not going to let myself have any martinis even though they're only $3! Just my 3-4 pieces from my roll and give the rest to someone else.
When I get home, my little to do list (with bullet points, hahaha)
  • Do Hip Hop Abs or Turbo Jam - 20-30 minutes
  • Sync my iPod and make an exercise play list (may help with motivation)
  • Read 50-100 pages of my book
  • Get gym bag packed so I don't have to go back home to shower and get ready after tomorrow morning's workout! :)

Well, I should probably get to work.. I have a busy day today! :) I'm sure I'll end up posting later! :)

Hugs to all!

xoxo

L

3 comments:

Kim H. said...

I love the feeling of getting my workout done in the morning too - but with our routine - I'd have to get up at 4! Not. Going. To. Happen. :-)

I'm glad you're feeling better - and stay strong at happy hour!

Heather said...

Yahoo! You're already off to a better start today! I love working out in the morning too, but I do not LOVE getting out of bed!

I'm jealous about sushi happy hour! I love sushi! I used to love happy hour, but that was before I'd be "out of my mind" drunk from 1/2 of a martini!

I'm so glad to hear/read your better mood! You're going to have a fabulous day!

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Laurie! You should find a kickboxing class because it is a fabulous workout and fun as well. I really think you would enjoy it.