About Gastric Girl

My photo
Tomball, TX, United States
My name is Laurie. I'm 34 and I live in a suburb of Houston, TX. My life isn't super exciting or ultra dramatic, but I love it! My blogs are just a peek into my life as I know it. I'm quite random and have an opinion on everything, but I love everyone's aspect on things, even if I disagree. The world would be quite boring if not! :-)

1/31/2011

Another Medical Update

Hello to all - sorry I haven't updated, but there really wasn't too much to update... There, still isn't really, but I wanted to check in.

As far as my revision surgery goes - I still haven't gotten approval from my insurance company, so I'm playing the waiting game.

On Facebook, I was reading a thread about Pancreatitis..   So, I looked into it, and it matches EVERY symptom I have (the acute, not chronic).  So, I made an appointment with my doctor.   He agrees that it is definitely worth looking into, especially with surgery pending - if something is wrong, maybe I can get completely fixed while they're "under the hood."    The thing that haunted me the most was the abdominal pain that radiates to the back with pancreatitis - that's not a common issue with ulcers.   With pancreatitis, if left untreated, it could turn into diabetes.   I did NOT lose 160 pounds to get diabetes.   So, better safe than sorry..    With this, I got a lab slip to check enzyme levels if/when I have another flare up, as well as having a MRCP done (next Tuesday morning.)

I honestly hope that it is only an ulcer.   But, at the same time, it's good to know that if it isn't just the ulcer, I know what it is, and can begin getting treated with that.    Regardless, we know the ulcer is a recurring problem, and I will continue going the route of the revision to get that problem taken care of.

Well, that is all for me at the moment.  I hope that everyone is doing well.  

I'm ready for the next chapter of healthiness.... this crap is getting old! :-)

2 comments:

Little Chef On The Prairie said...

Oh CRAP!!!! I am so sorry you are dealing with this. :( I got Gallstone Pancreatitis my junior year of college. I had to spend two weeks in the hospital, and almost flunked out. I had to call my parents one night dry heaving from the bathroom floor and told them to come get me something was really wrong with me. PLEASE stay on top of everything.....be the biggest bitch until this is taken care of. I am so sorry.
HUGS!
Tiffany

Anonymous said...

It really stinks that you have to deal with this! I hope you feel better ASAP!