About Gastric Girl

My photo
Tomball, TX, United States
My name is Laurie. I'm 34 and I live in a suburb of Houston, TX. My life isn't super exciting or ultra dramatic, but I love it! My blogs are just a peek into my life as I know it. I'm quite random and have an opinion on everything, but I love everyone's aspect on things, even if I disagree. The world would be quite boring if not! :-)

1/18/2011

Still Waiting....

Have I ever expressed my lack of patience in the waiting department?  For some reason, it seems like it's been AGES since the doctor's office submitted my paperwork. Granted, it's only been 3 business days, IF they worked on MLK Day.  I had to! LOL
The good news is that I am not having pain every time I eat now... so the waiting game will be more bearable.. Whew!
It's been a busy month for me. I've had something going on every weekend, and will continue to for the rest of the month.   I'm HOPING I get approved so I can time my surgery the way I'd like so it has a minimal effect on my job.    February 7th would be the ideal day.   John would be lucky.  Our first Valentine's Day together, I was having massive gallbladder pain... Our second Valentine's Day together, I was having massive ulcer pain.. and here we are, coming up on our 3rd, and I will be unable to eat at a super-expensive restaurant for the 3rd year in a row!     I don't like this trend...  but it is what it is!
It is really sad that I'm looking forward to surgery..  But, I am!   I am ready for life to be normal and complication (hopefully!) free!  Also - a week to two weeks off of work would be amazing!!

Hope everyone is having an amazing day!
xoxo
Laurie :-)

No comments: