About Gastric Girl

My photo
Tomball, TX, United States
My name is Laurie. I'm 34 and I live in a suburb of Houston, TX. My life isn't super exciting or ultra dramatic, but I love it! My blogs are just a peek into my life as I know it. I'm quite random and have an opinion on everything, but I love everyone's aspect on things, even if I disagree. The world would be quite boring if not! :-)

6/17/2008

Vacation Time!


Tomorrow evening, I am headed to NYC with two of my dear friends. We’re going to see Phantom of the Opera on Broadway on Thursday, visit Yankee Stadium during the last season there and catch a game on Friday, and fill our time exploring and taking in the city the rest of the time! I know we’re planning on going to Coney Island, Central Park, etc. I want to go to Tiffany’s and H&M, even if I don’t buy a thing! :) We’re also going to spend a day in Boston, as that’s where we’re flying in and out of to meet our friend.I am so excited! I’m overdue for a vacation, just as we all are, and this will be very refreshing. I love big cities, and you can’t get bigger than NYC, at least in the US!
As far as weight loss goes, I’ll be getting more exercise there than I’ve gotten in awhile. We’re not going to be driving, but taking the subway and walking instead. I’m not going to be hard on myself if I have a drink or two, but I will NOT have any sodas. For me, and my personality, soda is far more addictive and bad for me than any amount of booze! That’s somewhere where I don’t plan to go. One of my friends that is going has also had gastric bypass, so we can share meals! YAY!
I will take lots of pictures and post some of my favorites. See you all when I get back!

No comments: