About Gastric Girl

My photo
Tomball, TX, United States
My name is Laurie. I'm 34 and I live in a suburb of Houston, TX. My life isn't super exciting or ultra dramatic, but I love it! My blogs are just a peek into my life as I know it. I'm quite random and have an opinion on everything, but I love everyone's aspect on things, even if I disagree. The world would be quite boring if not! :-)

2/25/2010

Turning Around... Wahoo


Well, I am finally feeling better. I am able to hold food down, and I am not in pain anymore. Thank heaven for small miracles! I'm still taking my medication until it runs out. I went to my gastroenterologist (that's a tough word to type out!) yesterday for my follow up appointment, and I go back in on April 13 to get another gastroscope to make sure the ulcer has completely healed. He freaked me out a bit yesterday saying it's possible I may need a revision on my RNY IF I keep getting recurring ulcers. The reason that is a possibility is that I could be getting low blood flow to that area of my intestine, so they may have to remove that part. Basically, snip it out and reattach my intestine back to my pouch. That doesn't sound fun.. but hopefully I won't get recurring ulcers. He told me to stay away from cigarettes, alcohol, and try to avoid high stress. The cigs and alcohol are absolutely no problem for me. I'm trying to unclench and not sweat the small things, but it's certainly easier said than done!


I haven't stepped on a scale in a week or so, but I think I'm still down about 5 pounds. I know I've gained around 3 lbs back at least just because I'm now able to eat and drink.
My birthday is Sunday... I'm very blah about it this year.. I'm getting older (duh!) and it's just not very exciting for me. We don't really have much planned, and I'm totally good with it. John did buy me an iPhone for my birthday a week early so I'd be able to play with it.. Wahoo!!! It is such a fun little phone. I actually am listening to Lady GaGa right now on it, just skipping a few of the crazily overplayed songs! hehe This will be a great playlist for the gym when I get back there... which will be soon! :)

2 comments:

MB said...

I'm so glad you are doing better!!!

RecoveringFatty said...

Glad to hear that you are on the mend... I haven't had ulcers, but heard that they are quite painful. Hang in there, sis!