For January, I resolve to:
- Get back on track with vitamins. I've been a slackerface lately, and I know that needs to be corrected. I had glorious labs all of 2009, and I don't want to ruin 2010 lacking in vitamins! I have dramatically improved and am taking my vitamins on a daily basis.
- Get back on track with water... or should I say, get ON track with water.. I've always been terrible with it. I resolve to drink at least 40 oz of water a day in January... and then hopefully in Feb, I can up it to the proper 64. I'm not trying to be an underachiever, just realistic! Score! I've been drinking a lot more water, decaf tea, etc. I'm proud of myself, as this has always been an issue for me.
- No More Diet Cokes! As Chris H's blog is titled Diet Coke Rocks, oh, it truly does. But, it's my downfall, and I'm not even supposed to be drinking it. So, bye bye Diet Cokes. It's on to tea, Crystal Lite, and oh yeah, WATER! SCORE yet again! I've been Diet Coke free for 32 days now. I really don't miss it like I thought I would. Sometimes the fizz of someone pouring a drink over ice makes my mouth water a bit, but I move on, take a sip of my water, and know that I'm doing a good thing for myself!
- Get back on track with protein, go off track with the carbs! Are you sensing a pattern here? Why yes, Laurie has been a terrible post-op patient as of late! I resolve to focus on protein as my main source of nutrition again. The carb monster needs to be tamed.. bigtime! Improvements have definitely been made, but I still am working on taming the carb monster. I've been better with eating eggs for breakfast vs. a quick eggo waffle... Eggo waffles aren't high in protein even though the EGG is in the name.. don't let it fool ya! Especially if you're like me and prefer the chocolate chip ones! HA! I am definitely re-committing to this resolution.
- Be more active! I don't want to put a number of workouts per week or number of minutes, because if I don't make it the first week, I know I'd quit!! Negatory... I can't say I'll re-committ, but I will try again.
- Blog more. It keeps me accountable, and I miss it! I haven't been blogging as frequently as I'd like to, BUT I have been blogging more than I had been.. a hit and miss here.. but I'm working on it. :)
Now, for February. Happy February to you all. It's a nice short month, and I'm ready to tackle it! Here are my resolutions for February. Some are from the January cast of characters, and some are brand new!
- Be more active! Err.. be active! LOL 'Nuff said.
- Try to get rid of my ulcer completely by: a) not letting my stressful job get the best of me, b) taking my medications regularly, and c) trying to not let any stressful situations bother me.. I can not control others, nor do I want to. I need to let things slide off my back more easily.
- Continue to tame the carb monster. I got a good start to this today by going to the grocery store on my lunch break and getting some cheese to snack on instead of Cheese Nips. Huzzah!!
- STAY on track with vitamins. I have to go in on April 1 to get my bloodwork done again, and I want a glowing report!
- Be the best bridesmaid possible for Jil with her upcoming nuptials. I hope to help make the next month as stress-free as possible. We have her bridal shower and bachelorette party this month! :-)
- Lose 5 pounds by my birthday (Feb 28). I KNOW I can do this. I just need to set forth the effort, and follow all of my resolutions.
- Spend as little as possible and have $1,300 saved for a debt that has to be paid by 2/27. I know I can do it, but it will be quite challenging! .
I think that's good for now.. I don't want to keep my ulcer b/c I've made too many Feb. resolutions! HA!
Hope you all are doing great!!!
Hope you all are doing great!!!