About Gastric Girl

My photo
Tomball, TX, United States
My name is Laurie. I'm 34 and I live in a suburb of Houston, TX. My life isn't super exciting or ultra dramatic, but I love it! My blogs are just a peek into my life as I know it. I'm quite random and have an opinion on everything, but I love everyone's aspect on things, even if I disagree. The world would be quite boring if not! :-)

9/15/2010

Happy Hump Day!

I apologize for being a slacker in the blog department lately.   My life has been consumed with work, working out, and Weight Watchers.   I'm trying to find the balance between eating according to my surgery guidelines and keeping within my WW points.   It's quite challenging.   I am finding that I allow myself to eat a little more lax when on WW.    A Fiber One bar can be 1 point, and it's a good snack in general.  But for me post op, a few cheese squares is a better option.   I'm terrible at using things that are pre-weighed, measured, etc. because I'm a freak when it comes to making sure I have my points calculated properly.      It's all my internal neuroses rearing their ugly heads!

I need to keep the following things in mind constantly:
  • Regardless of how much I lose on WW, I have been VERY successful losing weight.  I have lost 145 pounds in the past 3 years (My 3 year is coming up on October 15).   
  • I need to stop being so hard on myself.  
  • The weight is going to come off slow.   Very slow.   And it will go up and down from week to week.  That doesn't mean I'm a failure.  It means I'm normal.
  • As long as I focus on being healthy (exercise, eating right), the weight will eventually decide it is going to come off.  Or it won't.   Either way, I am doing everything right within reason.  I am good 95% of the time.    And the 5%?  I deserve a break, damn it!
I am my own worst enemy.  I analyze EVERYTHING, and trust me, I annoy the hell out of myself..  LOL     I just need to keep it up, and focus on the positive!

2 comments:

Chris H said...

How much more weight do you want to lose? I can't imagine you need to lose much more! You are gorgeous.

Dawn said...

Don't drive yourself crazy. There are people who look up to you and you should be proud of the changes that you have and are making. It's a learning process that will never end. Making the small changes to lead into larger one's is what it's all about. You are an example of that. Keep it up!