About Gastric Girl

My photo
Tomball, TX, United States
My name is Laurie. I'm 34 and I live in a suburb of Houston, TX. My life isn't super exciting or ultra dramatic, but I love it! My blogs are just a peek into my life as I know it. I'm quite random and have an opinion on everything, but I love everyone's aspect on things, even if I disagree. The world would be quite boring if not! :-)

4/28/2008

Monday!

Well another weekend came and left.. Friday I had a half day at work, and I went out to Katy and moved out of my storage unit.. What a relief! Now I’ll save $105 a month which will likely go to my clothing fund.. It took until about 6:45 to finish unloading everything, and thanks to Michelle’s help (Hooray!), I’m still alive to tell the tale! :) Now my phase II is getting rid of a lot of things either through my upcoming garage sale, or one of the reusing programs (Freecycle or Re-Use-It).. I’ve been trying to be a more thoughtful of the environment lately!
Here are some of my finds lately - some of you may find very interesting!
1) TJ Maxx has the shopping bags for only $0.79 - cheaper than Wal-Mart - and these bags are easier to carry than plastic bags.. no more spinning and cutting off the circulation of your fingers… or is that just me that happens to!? hehe
2) Avenue is having a great sale now! They have a $4.99 sale going on. My jeans that I’ve been wearing since post op are now only $4.99. There was only one pair I could buy though. But, I bought 5 pairs of jeans total - spending about $80. I got 2 in size 16 and 3 in size 14.. then I will have to bid farewell to Avenue. YAY!
3) When grocery shopping, I found Hormel Compleats - they are little complete meals in the boxed food section. I got the Beef Steak and Peppers - it only has 4 sugars for the whole meal, 20 g of protein, and 210 calories. Not bad, eh? I’ve gotten a few Weight Watchers meals and can’t eat the whole thing, but it’s a good way for variety and I always make sure I eat all the protein… just watch those suckers for sodium content!
I got to see my stepdaughter this weekend.. she stayed the night with me Saturday night and I took her back to her mom on Sunday. We had a great time! I really think she’s more mature than me, but she told me I’m a little bit more mature.. not a lot though! haha
Well…… I’m done with my lunch so I better get back to work!! :) I hope everyone is doing well, and I’ll be sure to post my garage sale info here for you locals! I know Jil is interested.. I hope I have some goodies!
Love to you all!
Laurie

No comments: