About Gastric Girl

My photo
Tomball, TX, United States
My name is Laurie. I'm 34 and I live in a suburb of Houston, TX. My life isn't super exciting or ultra dramatic, but I love it! My blogs are just a peek into my life as I know it. I'm quite random and have an opinion on everything, but I love everyone's aspect on things, even if I disagree. The world would be quite boring if not! :-)

3/11/2010

Breakfast and other Things..

Today's breakfast consisted of some cheese cubes on crackers, and a low sodium V8. I'm really trying to work the veggies into my life, can you tell? I'm so glad I like V8. And even more glad that I like the Low Sodium version... 8% of my daily sodium vs. 25% in the regular... NICE! :) For lunch I'm either having leftover chili or a chef salad.. or a little of both so I can have a more well-rounded lunch.

My friend Michelle and I are starting from scratch with the Beck Diet Solution book and Workbook (links to the books on sidebar). I had read quite a bit of it and benefitted from it, but life got busy, yadda yadda yadda. You need a diet coach, and we've nominated each other. Michelle has also had RNY so we have similar goals/issues. I'm also enlisting my co-worker to keep me on track at work, since that's usually when I fall off the wagon. Stress. Free Food (not healthy!). More Stress. You get the picture. The bonus? She's a Weight Watchers leader as a part time job. The not bonus? She's pregnant right now and hungry a lot. LOL

My job gives us the opportunity to work 2 half days a month.. So, instead of five 8 hour days, we work four 9's and then one 4. Tomorrow and next Friday are the half day weeks for us. Tomorrow my plans consist of going to see my friend Joanna and her new little baby. I'm excited but I KNOW I'll leave wanting a baby. lol Poor John.. so many of my friends are getting married and having babies.. and he gets to listen to me talk about it all! Muahaha!!!

Anyway, I better get back to work... I'm working on blogging more, b/c I know it helps me! ANd it's been one of my resolutions.. :)
OOH... I beat a sudoku game on Hard, so mark that off my March list! Wahoo!!! :)

No comments: