About Gastric Girl

My photo
Tomball, TX, United States
My name is Laurie. I'm 34 and I live in a suburb of Houston, TX. My life isn't super exciting or ultra dramatic, but I love it! My blogs are just a peek into my life as I know it. I'm quite random and have an opinion on everything, but I love everyone's aspect on things, even if I disagree. The world would be quite boring if not! :-)

11/12/2008

169!

I finally got out of the 170s... After 3 months of being there, my stubborn body broke out of the 170s.. granted, I may not be done seeing them, as we all know the scale can be very cruel to us.. but I have been in the 169.0-.8 range for 3 days now, so I think it's finally done with the 170s.. now, to try to get to the 150s... My original goal was to weigh 150 by January 15th, but I don't think that's going to happen with the slowness of my weight loss. I know it's possible, but it will be very tough to get there!

I went to my doctor's appointment on Monday to find out about my hormone hell. Apparently my prolactin (the hormone that produces milk) is twice as high as it should be, so my body thinks it is pregnant.. wtf!? Anyways, my birth control pill has been switched for a different one, and I'm on Parlodel to help with the prolactin. My testosterone was also high, but that will change with the birth control pill change. So, once I find Prince Charming and decide I want to have babies, I will likely need fertility medicine for that... Sigh..

I got my labwork done for Dr. W, so I just need to schedule him in.. I will probably try to go Thanksgiving week, or maybe the week after.

Well, I better get back to work! I just wanted to check in and update you all on my weight and my crazy hormones!
Till next time! :)

2 comments:

Kim H. said...

Oh girlie - I so get you right now because that's how I'm feeling about the 230's! ARG!

I got your email, and believe it or not - the doc you're using now is the one that diagnosed me with PCOS 12 years ago! My body was doing the same thing then, and probably is now too - maybe this is part of our issue?!

I am going to look up the information about the new doc I heard about and get it to you ASAP - hopefully tonight.

Heather said...

Congratulations! I'm so very excited for you. I just had to speak up and let you know that I've been "rooting" for you and cheering you on (whether you knew it or not). I'm typically a lurker. But I wanted you to know how much I wanted to encourage your accomplishment! I'm so glad that you have surpassed the 170's.

You're such an inspiration! I just had to share that with you. I wish I could help you on the hormonal note, but I, unfortunately, don't have any hormonal answers. I do, however, look forward to reading that it's all been worked out!