About Gastric Girl

My photo
Tomball, TX, United States
My name is Laurie. I'm 34 and I live in a suburb of Houston, TX. My life isn't super exciting or ultra dramatic, but I love it! My blogs are just a peek into my life as I know it. I'm quite random and have an opinion on everything, but I love everyone's aspect on things, even if I disagree. The world would be quite boring if not! :-)

11/14/2008

I love coffee! OH Conference Tomorrow.. YEAH!

Yeah, I know we're not supposed to have much caffeine.. But, everyone has to have a vice, and mine has been chosen. HEB has this Almond Joy coffee and OMG it's so delicious. Caffeine effects me like it never has before.. I am bouncy and talkative and my mouth moves faster than my brain. My poor co-worker next to me.. good thing she loves me! haha

Anyways.. I'm going to the OH Conference tomorrow, and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm getting to the point where losing an ounce is a struggle. I can eat like a "normal" person and making the best choices aren't as easy as they used to be. I'm optimistic that I will be leaving the conference tomorrow with fresh ammo to make it through and have a renewed spirit when it comes to this journey I'm on. I hope to meet some new people that I've seen on the message boards on OH and match faces to the names! :) It will be great!

I started my new meds for my PCOS on Tuesday night. Wednesday morning was tough... and Wednesday afternoon was even worse. I have been exhausted and I'm finally starting to feel a little more awake now.. But again, that's probably the coffee. It's probably not a good week to start the meds b/c I have mother nature visiting, just got over a 60 hour work week, new meds, garage sale prep stress, etc. It's a lot going on for me, and adding on side effects probably isn't the smartest thing! LOL Oh well, I'll get all the crap over with at once!

I'm really looking forward to Thanksgiving. Last Thanksgiving I was on soft foods, and it was kind of torturous. This year, I can enjoy my turkey that I am in love with! Hurray! :)

Well, I should probably get back to work... I hope to see some of you at the OH conference this weekend!
Hugs to all!

2 comments:

Kim H. said...

I hope that the meds regulate soon - there is nothing worse than feeling side effects!

I hope that you have a fabulous time at the OH conference too - I didn't know anything about it until I started reading on some blogs that it was here. I guess I should look at that website once in a while, but I just never got into it.

Anonymous said...

It's late...shouldn't we be going to bed since we have to be up early for the Conference?