About Gastric Girl

My photo
Tomball, TX, United States
My name is Laurie. I'm 34 and I live in a suburb of Houston, TX. My life isn't super exciting or ultra dramatic, but I love it! My blogs are just a peek into my life as I know it. I'm quite random and have an opinion on everything, but I love everyone's aspect on things, even if I disagree. The world would be quite boring if not! :-)

11/05/2008

Yeah, I know I'm a slacker

I have the best intentions when it comes to blogging, but sometimes it just doesn't happen for me. Maybe I should make that one of my New Years Resolutions.. to blog daily! It's very therapeutic and I feel like I get a lot out of it. So why don't I do it as often as I should? B/c I suck, that's why!
Hmm, what's new with me...
Well, I broke up with my boyfriend last month. It was for the best. I'm in a self discovery stage in life right now, and I really feel like I wasn't in the right place for a relationship. So, I'm single again! WOO HOO! lol
I am STILL in the 170s. They are never going to go away are they? I was 170.8 this morning when I hopped on my scale. Maybe I should get on my Wii fit.. that's on carpet, and it's very nice to me with my weight. lol My Mii character on there looks like Mr. T.. Am I cool or what? hahah
I got bad news from the endocrynologist at my ob/gyn office. My hormones are still completely whacked out. Everything else has fixed itself but this. I have an appointment on November 10 to get more details about this, but I do know that I still have PCOS, and I also know that I have EBV (Epstein-Barr Virus) which is chronic fatigue syndrome. It all makes sense now! Apparently about 90% of Americans have the virus, but it lies dormant in most. Well, we all know I'm not like most... It's super hyper active in me! No wonder I have no freakin energy lately. So, I'll find out what to do about all this crap on Nov. 10. Then, I go see Dr. W sometime in November after I get my labs done. Aye! Hopefully he will have words of wisdom for me as well.
I started going to therapy too. My second session is this Saturday morning. I left my first session feeling really enlightened and feeling like I know myself a little better. The therapist told me that I was very intelligent (duh! haha) and that I seemed to have great insight into myself, just not knowing how to fix certain things.. She thinks the root of a lot of my issues may be self doubt. That makes sense.. or does it? There I go doubting myself again! ::sigh::
Work sucks.. I'm still there actually.. I already have over 30 hours this week and I still have 2 days to go. I am ready to have normal hours. Thank heavens for OT though!
Well, I'm sure there is much more going on in this lil brain of mine, but I will save it for another blog!
Toodles! 'Til next time!

1 comment:

Kim H. said...

Girl... we've GOT to talk. A friend of mine just found the BEST doctor for PCOS... I'm going to talk to Dr. W about him when I see him on Dec 4th... but it might be an answer for both of us in terms of those problems.