About Gastric Girl

My photo
Tomball, TX, United States
My name is Laurie. I'm 34 and I live in a suburb of Houston, TX. My life isn't super exciting or ultra dramatic, but I love it! My blogs are just a peek into my life as I know it. I'm quite random and have an opinion on everything, but I love everyone's aspect on things, even if I disagree. The world would be quite boring if not! :-)

4/14/2009

Happy Happy Monday..!!!


Oh Wait! It's Tuesday, even better, right?! LOL

I took a little four day weekend and it was lovely. :) I'm trying to get back into the swing of things, so far a little unsuccessfully!

At work, we had new carpeting put in, so we had to pack up our desks on Thursday before the holiday break. Now, I am spending the day unpacking, and trying to get everything where I want it. It's a good time to get reorganized, but a bad time when I have normal work to do!

Let's see.... My weekend started Thursday night, and I can't even remember what I did... I know I went to John's, but don't even remember if we went out or anything! lol Friday, we went to get his neice and nephew who are 5 and 3, and took them to the zoo and to the Aeros game that evening. It was a lot of fun, and it was great having kids around. They were great, and really enjoyed themselves! His brother and sister in law met us at the hockey game, and they really enjoyed the Aeros.. hurray! :) We have some new fans for our hockey team! lol

Saturday, I went to the gym and did my routine.. I burned over 550 calories on the elliptical machine, and I felt great!! Then we went to the Lo Cal cafe and got the protein soft serve.. YUMMY!!!!

Sunday, John and I went to his best friend's house, where his family gathers every year. It was nice meeting his best friend as well as a few more of his family members. :)

Monday was just a lazy day, which was much needed!!

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend, and I look forward to catching up on everyone's blogs!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEATHER!!! :-)

3 comments:

Kim H. said...

I'm glad you had such a great weekend - it does sound fantastic... and of course yesterday just sounds like the best part! Lazy days at the end of busy holiday weekends are my favorite way of winding down.

Heather said...

What a wonderful weekend you had! I'm so glad to hear that you're racking up the hockey fans!!! Woo Hoo!

Thanks for the wishes! You brightened my day!! :-)

Sending big hugs . . .

Janine said...

I am glad you had a brilliant weekend. Soudns as though you and John had a blast and reallly nice that you are meeting his family and friends.