About Gastric Girl

My photo
Tomball, TX, United States
My name is Laurie. I'm 34 and I live in a suburb of Houston, TX. My life isn't super exciting or ultra dramatic, but I love it! My blogs are just a peek into my life as I know it. I'm quite random and have an opinion on everything, but I love everyone's aspect on things, even if I disagree. The world would be quite boring if not! :-)

12/11/2010

Christmas Spirit

I'm not much in the Christmas spirit this year, and it sucks!  I think it's partially due to the fact that I've had a cold or the flu or something since the day after Thanksgiving, and I can't seem to kick my cough... and the other part is that I've done most of my Christmas shopping online this year.   It's not very conducive to adding to my holly jolliness!!
I stayed up till 1 am last night wrapping almost all of the gifts that I've purchased so far, and I'm almost done with everyone on my list!   That did help a little.. it'd help even more if I didn't wrap like a 12 year old boy! Ha!
There is a picture of our tree - John was sweet enough to put it up and decorate it for us since I was under the weather!  :) He did a good job decorating it!
Also, here is a picture of us from the day after Thanksgiving... my sister took the pic.  A few hours later, I was down for the count with the flu or whatever it is! lol

4 comments:

MB said...

Pretty tree. I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Bring Pretty Back said...

Laurie, POOR YOU! That is a long time to be sick! I started my shopping TODAY! Can you believe that!
My hubby in NOT in the Christmas spirit whatsoever this year either.
Take care of yourself !
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

Toyin O. said...

very nice tree, hope you feel better soon. Enjoy your Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon!

Such a cute holiday photo of you two!