About Gastric Girl

My photo
Tomball, TX, United States
My name is Laurie. I'm 34 and I live in a suburb of Houston, TX. My life isn't super exciting or ultra dramatic, but I love it! My blogs are just a peek into my life as I know it. I'm quite random and have an opinion on everything, but I love everyone's aspect on things, even if I disagree. The world would be quite boring if not! :-)

12/30/2010

Positivity and Reflecting Back

Here we are, at the end of 2010.   Overall, it's been a great year.   I've had some really low points too, mostly health related with this stupid ulcer that came back AGAIN.   
I am not one for resolutions, but I do want to try to make 2011 a POSITIVE year.   I think it will help my overall health to try to be a glass half full kind of person.  I usually am, but I've lost some of that somewhere along the way, and I definitely want to get that back. 
I also want to stop obsessing.  About everything.   I can't control everything, and I need to make myself understand that.   I'm 3 years out from surgery and have maintained my weight within 5-10 pounds for 2 years.  That's pretty damn good!   I am not exactly where I want to be, but I am so close.  I need to stop revolving my life around losing those last 5-10 pounds and focus on living and just being happy.   Food does not should not control me.  It shouldn't consume my thoughts like it does now. 
Here's to 2010!
  • I got to go to Disney World and Universal Studios with my boyfriend.  We had our first real vacation together and I got to meet his sister's family, who I adore!
  • I still have a job, when so many others are struggling.
  • Two of my best friends in the world are pregnant.   
  • I started my new Scentsy business to earn extra money, and am doing quite well with it!
  • I was able to send my mom to New York to visit family.
  • I got my mom's garage completely cleaned out (with some help of course!)
  • John got me an iPad for Christmas!!!  Wahoo!
  • I got my pasta roller attachments for my KitchenAid from my mom for Christmas. :)
  • I got in touch with my half brother and his family.   I hadn't seen them or heard from them since 2003.  I love Facebook for this reason!
I'm looking forward to 2011.  I know I'll be having surgery for my ulcer, but I'm thinking of it in a positive way.   No more suffering with this damn thing after that!   AND, I'll get some time off of work! HA!

Happy New Year to all of you!  I hope 2011 is the best year ever.
xoxo
Laurie :)

2 comments:

Janine said...

I love your positivity about your ulcer!!! You get TIME OFF.

So with the ipad , does that mean I will get to see more of you on FB? or is that just a timing issue.

Anonymous said...

So jealous of your iPad! Hope 2011 is a wonderful year for you, girl!