About Gastric Girl

My photo
Tomball, TX, United States
My name is Laurie. I'm 34 and I live in a suburb of Houston, TX. My life isn't super exciting or ultra dramatic, but I love it! My blogs are just a peek into my life as I know it. I'm quite random and have an opinion on everything, but I love everyone's aspect on things, even if I disagree. The world would be quite boring if not! :-)

12/09/2010

Reverb 10 Project

I'm a little behind on jumping on this bus, but it looks like a lot of fun, and since I'm not feeling very inspired lately, this will give me stuff to write about.. Ha!  
On Reverb10.com, there are daily prompts, and then you write about whatever the prompt is.  Today's prompt is: 
December 9 – Party Prompt: Party. What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans.

John and I have lots of social gatherings at our home.  It's so hard to pick favorites because it's usually the same group of dear friends.    I'd guess that the Halloween parties are my favorite, as everyone is a little out of their normal element and I get to see my friends' creativity in action!    This year, I was Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty and John was Border Patrol.. ha!  We've never done the matching costume thing, although I do think that's cute... Just saying it's cute would be a huge negatory for John though! :-)
I'll put up a few pictures later on from this year's Halloween party.  I'm at work and don't have them here, unfortunately!

I actually TRIED to keep the food simple this year, with several dips, chips, etc, but it never stays that way.  John doesn't feel like it's a party if he doesn't light up the grill... So, we ended up having steaks and fajitas too... and lots of beer for the boys, jello shots for the girls, etc. 

No comments: