About Gastric Girl

My photo
Tomball, TX, United States
My name is Laurie. I'm 34 and I live in a suburb of Houston, TX. My life isn't super exciting or ultra dramatic, but I love it! My blogs are just a peek into my life as I know it. I'm quite random and have an opinion on everything, but I love everyone's aspect on things, even if I disagree. The world would be quite boring if not! :-)

6/18/2009

100 Things About Me

I saw this on one of my favorite blogger's sites, and I figured since I don't have a whole lot to say, this would help! It's simply 100 things about me. The more I think about it, if I don't have a lot to say, why in the heck am I doing a post that has ONE HUNDRED things about me? I'm into the self torture thing, I suppose! LOL

Anyway, here goes...



1) I am very happily divorced.

2) My favorite colors are red, black, grey and pink. I'm kind of digging orange a lot right now too.

3) Now that I am no longer super morbidly obese, my obsession with shoes and purses has gone down the totem pole a little bit.. maybe because I can actually find cute clothes?

4) I am a recovering shopaholic.

5) My boyfriend is one of the most fiscally responsible people I know. And he still likes me! lol

6) I recently confessed to my mom that I used to sneak out of the house all the time as a teenager. It felt good. lol

7) I am truly blessed to have such wonderful friends, both local and through the blogosphere. Is that a word?

8) For the first time in my life, I really like where my life is heading.

9) I want to go back to school. Not for an accounting degree, but to become a personal trainer, dietitian, or gym teacher. I want my profession to keep me accountable with my life.

10) I LOVE music. I love Indie Rock, Pop, Alternative, etc... I go through phases where I like very off the wall things. I cannot work if I don't have music in the background.

11) I've never seen Titanic, nor do I have any desire to. I know what happens. Why waste my time? LOL

12) I have been extremely frustrated with my job for about 6 months now.

13) I get a massage once a month, and it is one of my vices.

14) I'm debating whether I should dump my blackberry and have a normal phone so I can save $30 a month. It's sad that I want to keep it b/c I can get Facebook on my phone. lol

15) I am 5'6". Yeah, I'm reaching here, and I'm only on #15!

16) I have a lead foot. I hate driving slow.

17) If I could go anywhere in the world, I would pick Greece. I would love to see all of the ancient ruins/architecture. I would be awestruck, I know!

18) I'm very tempted to rename this 20 things about me..

19) I am a pen klepto. If I use a pen to sign a receipt, I often walk off with the pen, not even realizing.

20) I'm smaller now than I was at any point in high school, maybe even middle school.

21) At one point, I owned over 60 pairs of jeans, in a range of sizes from 20-32. I couldn't get rid of anything b/c I wanted to get back in the smaller sizes, and I didn't have enough faith in myself to get rid of the bigger sizes if I shrunk out of them.

22) I hate yardwork.

23) I still have a relationship with my ex-husband's daughter who is 12 now. I adore her.

24) I really like my ex-husband's first ex wife. We understand each other. lol

25) I wish there was a Trader Joe's in Texas. I've heard so many good things about that store!

26) I love Target. It's one of my favorite stores.

27) I am in the process of collecting Continental One Pass miles. I don't ever want to have to pay for travel again. lol

28) I read the Twilight series over the course of a week. I loved it!

29) I read the Harry Potter series over the course of 5 months. I also loved it! I've also seen all of the movies that have been released so far.

30) My favorite types of movies are cheesy comedies. I love the 80's brat pack movies, The Wedding Singer, etc. I love to keep it light hearted.

31) I have been at the same job for almost 7 years. That's a long time!!

32) I worked for the Houston Rockets NBA team for almost 3 years. I had a good time working there, and sometimes still miss it.
33) I love ice hockey. I have season tickets to the Houston Aeros AHL team.

34) I am not athletically inclined at all. I once got a concussion from a basketball hitting my head.

35) I have a chihuahua named Roxcee. She was my gift to myself when I was going through my divorce. My ex husband was allergic to animals.

36) I was born in upstate New York. Most of my family still lives up there.

37) I've reunited with many of my cousins, aunts and uncles through Facebook. I <3>
38) I love Shark Week!

39) I have one sister and three half brothers. My sister lives 4.5 hours away, so I rarely get to see her. One of my brothers lives in Houston, one in Virginia, and one in New York, and it's been ages since I've seen any of them.

40) I love home improvement shows. I wish Andrew Dan-Jumbo would remodel my mom's house for her!

41) My favorite food is fondue. A close runner up would be hibachi style food.. Yum!

42) I think it would be really fun to be a house flipper, but this is the wrong economy to think about that!

43) I can't wait for July.. I have a mini-vacation planned when my cousin comes down to visit! :)

44) I'm having a lot of fun house hunting with my boyfriend.

45) I like playing World of Warcraft. My friend tried to get me to play it for over a year and I finally caved. I'm not very good at it though.

46) I'm over 6 months late for my annual ladies check up.. I finally made an appointment today! lol

47) People tell me I look like Renee Zellwegger. I do not see it. Except for the small eyes.. lol

48) I have realized that I'm very similar to my mom, and I don't mind one bit!

49) My dad, on the other hand, is not involved in my life one bit, and I think I bare no resemblance to him personality-wise.

50) I hope to have children one day.. just one or two.

51) I check my email way too often.

52) I have too many email addresses.

53) My wallet got stolen in Nov 2008, and I found the wallet at TJ Maxx a few months later, and I was so excited. I was more sad about losing the cutest wallet I ever had vs. losing its contents. lol

54) I have seen more movies in the last 6 months than I have in the last 6 years.

55) I have ADD in a major way. I kind of like it.. it makes me quirky and I can't imagine how I'd be if I were medicated.

56) I drink about 1-2 Diet Cokes a week.. With lots of ice... and now I want one right now!

57) Beef is my favorite meat. I could eat it every meal.

58) I don't care for chicken. I think it's from all of my years of dieting. I am chickened out. I like dark meat chicken b/c it's more moist, but it's still far from my favorite.

59) I love cooking, especially for groups of people.

60) I can't wait to help decorate when John buys his house.

61) I wish I had a steady hand so I could do my own manicures and pedicures. But I don't.

62) I have no artistic talent whatsoever.

63) My favorite subject in school was psychology. In high school, geography/history.

64) I have an associate's degree, and would love to get my bachelor's degree.

65) I probably own over 300 books, and have only read about 100. (not counting cookbooks)

66) I probably own over 100 cookbooks, and maybe have used about 20-30 recipes total.

67) I miss beer. I can handle diet coke with lots of ice now and again, but can't handle the carbonation of beer. I loved Shiner Bock and Samuel Adams.

68) I play DJ at work a lot and blast my little iPod... sometimes embarassing myself with my music collection.

69) I used to love horror movies, but now they freak me out.

70) Smurfs and Oompa Loompas scare me.

71) I cannot tell a joke to save my life. I ruin the punchline, or if it's really funny, I laugh so hard as I try to tell it that I can't even get it out!

72) Next time I buy a computer, it will probably be a Mac.

73) I am ready for the weather to cool down again so I can ride my bike more often and not feel like I'm dying.

74) I don't really share my blog with a lot of people I know, just those I am really close to, and those who have found me through similar life experiences.

75) I have a fear of falling.. This effects me when I ride a bike, skate, etc. I'm barely able to walk on two feet without tripping! lol

76) I'm highly neurotic.

77) I think too much, too often, and think far too into the most basic things.. Wait, is this repeating #76?

78) I love bargain shopping. It's fun, and it's great knowing you got a good deal!

79) My favorite TV show is Big Brother. I love it. I also love So You Think You Can Dance and the Office. Other than that, I don't watch a lot of television.

80) I like Britney Spears. I feel bad for her with all the problems she's had in the past.

81) I like Conan O'Brian over Jay Leno or David Letterman. The guy is really funny!

82) I'm a sucker for Broadway Shows. I've seen Phantom of the Opera, Spring Awakening, Grease, Spamalot and Avenue Q. I'd love unlimited funds to just hang out in NYC and go to every show out there!

83) If I was wealthy, I would probably still work. Granted, it would be something I love, but I'd have to do something.

84) I used to be a mentor at an inner city elementary school. It was very rewarding and very frustrating at the same time.

85) I love snorkeling, but the idea of scuba diving scares the bejeezus out of me!

86) Swimming is different not being morbidly obese. I'm not nearly as buoyant, and now I see that treading water truly IS exercise... before, it was a piece of cake!

87) My favorite feature is my smile.

88) My least favorite features are too numerous to list.

89) I would love to be a patient on Dr. 90210. They'd have fun with me!

90) I have a very soft spot in my heart for puppies.

91) I'm starting to like cats as well. John has 2 cats and I adore them.

92) I can't dance. Not even a little.

93) I almost always have a pair of sunglasses on my head.

94) I can never find my sunglasses.

95) I have no dressy clothes anymore. My wardrobe consists of jeans, khakis, and casual tops.

96) My feet have shrunk since surgery. I used to be a size 8.5 with all shoes being stretched out. I now wear a size 8, and they're not stretched. YAY!

97) I wear very little makeup. Eyeliner, Mascara, and powder.. that's it

98) My face is almost always pink. I blush easily, and it is in my genes... I always look embarassed.

99) When I'm angry, I cry. It makes me feel weak, which makes me more angry, and makes me cry more.

100) I'm a sympathy cryer too. If someone around me is crying, I almost always start crying too.


There you have it... It was tough for awhile there, but I did it!!! Hope you're all still awake! LOL


8 comments:

Janine said...

I LOVE this post - makes me feel like I got to know you a little, and I can so Identify with about 50% of your statements and quirks.

Jil said...

Girlie...I knew most of them...Oh heck I think I knew all of them...makes me feel good knowing that I know my friend "That" well...lol

Heather said...

Thank you!!! This was great! I don't know if I'd be able to come up with 100! I might try it, just for fun.

It's so much fun to read these. I can relate to quite a few of them. It makes me wish I lived closer to Texas!!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Well Thanks, Laurie! I luvs you too! Seriously, since the day we first met on OH you have been someone that I feel connected to and enjoy keeping in touch with. It's a pleasure, my dear.

Unknown said...

LOVED this post. These things are so interesting because half of the time you end up relating so well to the people who read your blog and vise versa. I'm highly neurotic too. We're so cool.

Salted with Shadows said...

We have a lot in common! I'm going to have to do this too, eventually. Glad I found your blog. Thanks for all your comments and support. :)

Tiff said...

Loved it..... Thanks for sharing. Though, I got to number 40, and after reading it, I couldn't stop thinking about Andrew Dan Jumbo....

I love him..........

Kim said...

The problem with listing 100 things is that by the time I am finished reading them, I forget which I wanted to comment on!

I am a musical theater fan as well...The Brit and I saw Avenue Q in London last week. I had seen it before but he had not and he loved it.

You are much prettier then Renee Zhoweveryouspell it. I don't see where you look like her at all actually. You are pretty and she is as ugly as a houseplant (in my opinion).