About Gastric Girl

My photo
Tomball, TX, United States
My name is Laurie. I'm 34 and I live in a suburb of Houston, TX. My life isn't super exciting or ultra dramatic, but I love it! My blogs are just a peek into my life as I know it. I'm quite random and have an opinion on everything, but I love everyone's aspect on things, even if I disagree. The world would be quite boring if not! :-)

6/12/2009

Bitchfest!!

Thanks to you all for the encouraging words.. I appreciate it all!!

I really am sick of being a bitchy, grumpy mess! This weekend, I'm going to focus on regaining control of things. I'm going to step back into the gym, try to forge a loving relationship with water, and just try to relax and de-stress. I will yank my friend's copy of Don't Sweat the Small Things and see if I can get some words of wisdom from there as well. Ha!

Kim J, YES, when you get back from England, we're going to have to kick each other's rears into shape.
Kim H, while the 30 day challenge sounds amazing, I am not going to do it. I think instead my focus should be 3 - 5 gym days a week, and walking the rest. I know I'm way too hard on myself and will just set myself up for failure. Once I'm back on track, I'll be gung ho to go! lol

I've been thinking a lot lately (well, my brain never stops grinding) about life in general. I just feel kind of lost right now. My work consumes me (not by choice), and I am just overloaded. When I leave here, I'm just so drained and rarely do too much after work the past few weeks. I think my EBV (chronic fatigue) is super active right now too, b/c I have absolutely ZERO energy. A vacation sounds divine... my cousin is flying down from New York in a few weeks, so I'll have 3 days off of work, but before that is my deadline so I'll probably be exhausted the whole time he's here! ugh!

Well, I hope you ALL have a lovely, wonderful weekend. I hope to be back in better spirits come Monday. :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there - hope the few weeks flies by before you cousin comes to visit! :D

Sheryl said...

Make sure you're taking your vitamins and getting some rest. Take some time for yourself also.

Have a great weekend.

Herbalife Las Vegas said...

I know I tend to sweat the small things as well, you are not alone. Its funny you say your brain never stops grinding, mine does the same. I have to create a balance of thinking about everything, relaxing and doing.
Have a great weekend!

Kim said...

You're on, Laurie! I get home from England on June 24th but then leave on the mission trip June 28th (Lord, give me strength!). I will finally be home for the summer on July 3rd!

Heather said...

You need a vacation before your vacation! You can't be exhausted for a family visit!!!

I hope things get better for you quickly and you're able to be encouraged, rested, and back on track before you know it!

I'm sending big, restful hugs your way!!!