About Gastric Girl

My photo
Tomball, TX, United States
My name is Laurie. I'm 34 and I live in a suburb of Houston, TX. My life isn't super exciting or ultra dramatic, but I love it! My blogs are just a peek into my life as I know it. I'm quite random and have an opinion on everything, but I love everyone's aspect on things, even if I disagree. The world would be quite boring if not! :-)

6/11/2009

Uninspired


Today, my little group at work gets to go to the Astros game at 1:05 as a Thank You for a job well done. It was a very nice surprise, and I'm excited to get out of the office and go to a game! I haven't been to a game this season, so it'll be a treat! Hopefully I'll be a good luck charm for them, b/c lately they need all the luck they can get! lol
Besides that, life as I know it has been the same old, same old. I've been uninspired lately. I don't know what to blog about, and feel like I'm just very uninteresting right now. The only time I have anything to say, it's just a weekend update. Blah! LOL I have not been a very good patient the past few months with all of the stress of work and trying to get things paid off. I eat like crap, drink diet cokes 1-2 times a week, and have a carb fest daily. I really need to kick my bad habits and get back to basics, but OMG it's hard! I only have 10 pounds to go, but for some reason my psyche is not cooperating with me and the devil on my shoulder wins most of my battles. I don't know if it's hormonal, the extra carbs wreaking havoc, or what, but I'm also super emotional lately as well. WTF!?
I know what I need to do to fix my food/carb issues, but it is certainly overwhelming, and it's a lot easier to say screw it than to deal with things and move on. I just need a vacation.. from food, from everything! LOL I eat when I'm at work stressed.. at home and on weekends, I eat only when really hungry, and don't even think about food like I do constantly at work.. UGH!
Ok, the babbling better stop since I have got to get back to work.. if you have any words of wisdom for me, I'm all ears!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We've all been there. You've got to find that thing that gets your butt back in gear! You are sooooo close to your goal - there's going to be something that gets you inspired again, you just have to find it.
Keep thinking, and writing, and trying - you will get it back!

Kim said...

Well, give me a few more weeks and we can kick each other's asses back into shape. I have been eating anything that doesn't eat me first in England and in kind, have spent many long minutes/hours feeling physically miserable beccause of it. So once I am home from England and the mission trip on July 3rd, it is back to business! Maybe we can motivate each other?

Chris H said...

The last few pounds/kilos are always the hardest... I reckon it's because we have come so far already and already feel so much better that we don't feel the immense NEED to lose the last bit.
I'm sure you will, if you really work hard at it.

Tiff said...

I agree with the advice you've already been left.... we've all been there.... As your world settles down, you'll find yourself back on track.

Could it be that time of the month? I only ask because I find myself off track during my own cycle.

You're a strong woman, and you've come so far. You'll find it...

Glad you found some downtime from work.

Enjoy the weekend!!! No worries!!!