I've had the shopping bug for awhile.. but, I've been behaving myself for the most part. I splurged on my cute skirt last week, but besides that I've been very, very boringly(is that a word?!) tame!
If I could go on a spree now, here's what tops my list (this is not one of those, "if I had a million dollars" things.. It's stuff I truly want to purchase soon, and am/will be saving for it.
1) New D-SLR Camera - I haven't decided on Nikon or Canon yet, but leaning towards Canon. It's a good $600-1200 depending on lenses, etc... So, obviously it will take me awhile!
Canon Digital Rebel XSi 12.2 MP Digital SLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens (Black)
2) A New Car Stereo - I commute roughly 2 hours a day, and I'd LOVE to be able to hook up my iPod to my stereo. I bought one of those FM transmitter things, and it was crap. Probably b/c I live in such a large city so there are tons of radio stations.
I like this one!
3) A Le Creuset French Oven - It's beautiful, lasts forever, and is very useful. I'm becoming a cooking queen, and would love to have some of the best tools of the trade!
Le Creuset Enameled Cast Iron 5 Quart Oval French Ovens
4) A Street Strider - Have you seen this awesome thing... I about died when I saw how much it was, but it is AWESOME.
5) A good set of knives... My santoku didn't even want to cut a tomato last night... I was sad!
Zwilling JA Henckels Four Star 9-Piece Knife Set with Block
6) A good pair of shoes for working out... I want one nice pair that I can use in classes and on machines, and maybe even venturing into that C25K stuff... Is there such a thing?
7) Dang.. we're getting a little too kitcheny here! Another thing I want is a salad shooter... I had one long ago, but I didn't get it when I was going through my divorce. I WANT IT BACK! I know that bastard never uses it. Anyway..... I would really like one again! LOL
Presto 02970 Professional SaladShooter Electric Slicer/Shredder, White
8) Some new clothes - nothing to link here.. but I'd like to get some more jeans, some cute tops, maybe some shorts if I can get over my "I HATE MY UGLY LEGS!" syndrome.. Yeah, I doubt I'll get over that.
9) A hammock - We have an awesome backyard... I'd love a hammock to lay out and read some books, cuddle with my guy, cuddle with my puppy, etc... It seems dreamy!
10) A new OVEN - We have a craptastic oven that nothing fits in, and it is off temperature, and basically a grown up EZ Bake Oven... blah! I would have slid this up the list, but I just thought about it... ha!
11) A hot tub... Like #9, I love our backyard.. it'd be nice to have a hot tub in the back yard... Very relaxing!!!
12) A Personal Trainer - Yeah, Jillian Michaels would be ideal, but I'm realistic here.. I would love to have 5-10 sessions with a personal trainer and see how I'm doing form-wise, and what I need to be doing that I'm not.
13) A Massage/Facial Membership - I used to have a monthly massage membership, but I gave it up for the greater good of getting out of debt. I had a massage last Friday and realized how much I freakin miss it! I'm starting to wonder if this is one of those things that I should hang on to just to feel human. Hmm...
Wow, this one was way too easy, and that's kind of pathetic! LOL I usually have to think a lot more when I do a Thursday 13!
If you'd like to join in the fun, here's the site! Thursday 13
Happy Thursday to you all! Maybe I should get a 2nd, 3rd and 4th job! HA!
About Gastric Girl
- Laurie (TheSafestScents.com)
- Tomball, TX, United States
- My name is Laurie. I'm 34 and I live in a suburb of Houston, TX. My life isn't super exciting or ultra dramatic, but I love it! My blogs are just a peek into my life as I know it. I'm quite random and have an opinion on everything, but I love everyone's aspect on things, even if I disagree. The world would be quite boring if not! :-)