About Gastric Girl

My photo
Tomball, TX, United States
My name is Laurie. I'm 34 and I live in a suburb of Houston, TX. My life isn't super exciting or ultra dramatic, but I love it! My blogs are just a peek into my life as I know it. I'm quite random and have an opinion on everything, but I love everyone's aspect on things, even if I disagree. The world would be quite boring if not! :-)

9/11/2009

Checking In

Hi everyone! Yes, I've been a bad bad blogger lately, and I apologize. Life just gets so busy sometimes, and time slips away so fast!
Last weekend, one of my dear friends got married, and I was in her wedding. It was an absolutely beautiful wedding, and the reception was tons of fun! Now, we have another wedding coming up in March... our very own cut n paste girl, JustJil! Congratulations, Jil! You deserve every drop of happiness in the world, and I love you dearly!!

Work has been the same... Terribly, terribly busy, and I'm exhausted most of the time. I had applied for a part time job at Target, but now I'm terribly thankful that I didn't get an interview yet... My full time job has also been my part time job, and thanks to overtime, it pays a helluva lot more than Target would! LOL In all honesty though, I just would like to make it a week of getting home at a decent time and being able to finish unpacking my kitchen. I want to feel settled!

We're going to have a Halloween party this year! I'm excited.. and at the same time I am stressing ALREADY of what to dress up as! I've never dressed up as a "normal" sized person, so it's going to be interesting. When I was looking on ebay last night, every thing I looked for was only available in a plus size.. when I was super duper plus sized, it was almost impossible to find a costume to fit on my body! Any ideas for costumes? I don't want any short dresses or low cut tops.. I'm a very modest girl! lol

Anyways, just wanted to check in and once again, I apologize for not keeping in touch more as well as being so behind on everyone's blogs. I feel cut off from all of you lately, and I hate it! :(

hugs to all of you!!!!

5 comments:

KrysTros said...

Dress as a vampire, they have alot of cute costumes that are formfitting but still covers everything and even comes down to your ankles! I know work must be stressing you out but it will get better! Always look forward to reading your blogs! Take care!

Sheryl said...

I am just getting back to the blogging world myself. Life does seem to get in the way sometimes.

Whatever you decide on for Halloween I'm sure you'll look great. And don't stress about unpacking too much - it will wait for you :)

Michael Conway said...

I think it awesome that you, "Life just gets so busy sometimes, and time slips away so fast!" Obesity for me was a very slow, mundane existence. Hope you have a grateful day. Michael www.formerquartertonman.com

Kim H. said...

I've missed you girl... glad to see you're back! :-)

Chris H said...

I'm sure I left a comment already? Oh well... WELCOME back Chick.