About Gastric Girl

My photo
Tomball, TX, United States
My name is Laurie. I'm 34 and I live in a suburb of Houston, TX. My life isn't super exciting or ultra dramatic, but I love it! My blogs are just a peek into my life as I know it. I'm quite random and have an opinion on everything, but I love everyone's aspect on things, even if I disagree. The world would be quite boring if not! :-)

9/22/2009

The Week is Starting Out Right... huzzah!

Wow, things are coming together.. I'm starting to blog more often.. I'm going to the gym (went on Friday AND last night).. I'm cooking more often (not just opening boxes and preparing things).. it's great!
OH! I forgot to post about my weekend.. If you're in the Houston area and like comedy shows, you should go to the Improv's website and join their mailing list. You'll get emails about once a week, but often you can get 4 free tickets to shows. We got to see Greg Behrendt this weekend.. If you haven't heard of him, he's the co-author of the book that later turned into a movie He's Just Not That Into You. OMFG!! He was freakin hilarious. I laughed so hard that I cried, and was concerned that I'd pee on myself.. thankfully, I have good bladder control! haha Anyways.. if you EVER have a chance to catch him live, I HIGHLY recommend him. Quite hilarious! :)

Friday when I went to the gym, I did the elliptical (which I'm getting incredibly sick of!) for 20 minutes and then did weights for a few.. Then I went home and rode my bike for 150 calories. haha I wanted to make sure I burned 350 calories, and I did it!

Last night.. John and I went to the gym and I did the elliptical again (sigh!) because I got home too late to join in on a class. After the elliptical, I did arm weights and 100 crunches, then went to the sauna. I doubt I'll be going to the gym today because with the weather we're getting here, it's going to take me wayyy too long to get home. I was in traffic for over an hour and a half this morning, and evening traffic is always worse... UGH!!! So, I might as well put in my time here today for my half day on Friday instead of sitting in traffic.

Hope all is well in everyone's world! I'm still in my quest to achieve balance in life between work, home, gym, etc... HA! I've never had that balance, but it sure sounds dandy! :)

5 comments:

Donna said...

"I'm still in my quest to achieve balance in life between work, home, gym, etc... "

It is a never-ending quest. Let me know when you have it figured out. I'm glad to achieve it one day at a time. LOL

KrysTros said...

Glad you are back to blogging! I used to love the elliptical but now I am more into my treadmill.-http://krystros.blogspot.com/

Chris H said...

What a shame you have to spend so much time stuck in a car!
Balance is good... sounds like you are doing well there.

Easy Losing Weight said...

I get sick of the same cardio machines at the gym too. I like the TV screens soo that helps.
I love a good comedien. It makes you laugh which gets the endorfines going and making you feel good.
Balance is always the key in life. I am trying to find my balance as well and its not easy.

Kim said...

So glad one of my WLS girls is blogging regularly again! Not that I have room to talk! Now I just need to remember to check back regularly!
I waffle back and forth between elliptical and treadmill. I need to try to run sprints today...ugh!