About Gastric Girl

My photo
Tomball, TX, United States
My name is Laurie. I'm 34 and I live in a suburb of Houston, TX. My life isn't super exciting or ultra dramatic, but I love it! My blogs are just a peek into my life as I know it. I'm quite random and have an opinion on everything, but I love everyone's aspect on things, even if I disagree. The world would be quite boring if not! :-)

9/14/2009

Weekend Update

Good afternoon, one and all! I know this has been one of my first weekend updates in quite some time, and I am truly sorry for that. The weekends of the past few months have been basically packing, having a garage sale, moving, being in a wedding, unpacking, BBQing with friends, etc..
Last Friday, I left work at 11 am because I had so many extra hours. I took my mom on a lunch date (and dinner with leftovers) to Olive Garden, and then took her grocery shopping. I actually took a snooze in the car while she shopped because I was in a Benadryl haze.. my sinus headache was gone when I woke up, though. Woo hoo!
Friday evening was quiet and relaxing.. we didn't do much of anything. I actually went back to bed when I got home from my mom's, and slept until 8pm. Amazing how the body knows precisely when to shut down on you! LOL At least I am well rested for the moment!
Saturday morning, I woke up early and went to the grocery store. I picked up several things for breakfast and made bacon, eggs and hash browns for breakfast... John had some orange juice, and I had some Pomegranate tea.. Yum!
Saturday evening, John and I went to Jil's house.. She made some enchiladas that were tasty! I made a banana creme pie that was pretty tasty, but too sugary and made me dumpish! lol
Sunday, I started a project with my coupon clipping (organizing them! ha!), got bored with that, and started laundry and working on unpacking those last few pesky boxes. My kitchen needs help, as I have a lot of stuff, but am wanting to get rid of some more things too.. With kitchens, it's hard telling what you're going to need.. and you will likely never need it unless you get rid of it! ahh! lol
Anyways, I'm back at work... I survived my crazy weeks at work, and have roughly a week or so before life gets crazy again at work. At least I have job security, I suppose!

Hope you're all doing well!

2 comments:

Janine said...

Nice to see a regular post from you. Would love to see some pics of the house......and the kitchen etc now that you are unpacked and settled. (well mostly).

Can't wait for my 11 more sleeps till I will be doing the same thing - But then I LOVE the unpacking!!!!

Salted with Shadows said...

It's always nice when you send up a flare. :) Hope all is well.