About Gastric Girl

My photo
Tomball, TX, United States
My name is Laurie. I'm 34 and I live in a suburb of Houston, TX. My life isn't super exciting or ultra dramatic, but I love it! My blogs are just a peek into my life as I know it. I'm quite random and have an opinion on everything, but I love everyone's aspect on things, even if I disagree. The world would be quite boring if not! :-)

9/23/2009

Confession Time


Here is my bank record information since I discovered that the Pumpkin Spice Latte is back:
POS DEBIT SBUX HOUSTON #13671 HOUSTON TX $4.33
POS DEBIT SBUX HOUSTON #13671 HOUSTON TX $4.33
STARBUCKS USA 00136 09/18C A* STAR $4.33
09/22/2009 Debit Card Transaction C A* STARBUCKS USA 00136 09/19C A* STAR $5.69
09/21/2009 Debit Card Transaction C A* STARBUCKS USA 00136 09/16C A* STAR $4.04
09/21/2009 Debit Card Transaction C A* STARBUCKS USA 00064 09/17C A* STAR $9.19
09/18/2009 Debit Card Transaction C A* STARBUCKS USA 00136 09/15C A* STAR $4.04

Then, I discovered that there are 60 grams of sugar and 330 calories in a Venti...

So.. I... Must... Quit!!!!

I brewed my own Pumpkin Spice coffee from HEB and added 8 oz of fat free milk to my 32 oz cup... it is not the same.. but it must improve!!

Anyone interested in starting a support group for Starbucks addicts?

7 comments:

Kim H. said...

Hi, my name is Kim and I'm a Starbucks Addict. It's been 3 days since my last coffee.

Donna said...

Been there...

But here's some hope. Check this out: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2009/09/pumpkin-spice.html

Allyson said...

I can totally relate. I've been able to limit myself to only getting one on Fridays since their prices went up.

Tricia said...

That pumpkin spice latte is no joke. They put out some sample cups last year and I was an instant addict. It's like crack, the first taste is free, then you gotta PAY.

Melinda said...

Holy Moly that's a lot of sugar! You could get some sugar free Davinci Pumpkin flavored syrup. Maybe that would help!? Take care. Stay away from "The Bucks", Starbucks tht is! lol.

Tiffany said...

HA HA HA HA!!!! I love this. I use my debit card for everything... I never carry cash. About a year ago, I was curious and added up the amount of money I had spent at Dunkin Donuts..... In that month I had spent $72 on my coffee love.

That could easily equate to a grand a year on coffee..... especially now that the Pumpkin Spice is back.... They're twice the price as a large coffee at Dunkin Donuts....

BUT... oh, so delicious.

My name is Tiffany, and I am addicted to coffee.... of any type.

Kim said...

Thankfully, I am not a huge Starbucks fan. Lacy turned me onto a cinnamon-y thing awhile back that I fell for but have given it up for the most part (tho now that I'm talking about it...hmmmm). Their regular coffee is too strong for me and I think their specialty coffees are really expensive, so it's an occasional treat for me! But good luck in kicking the addiction!