About Gastric Girl

My photo
Tomball, TX, United States
My name is Laurie. I'm 34 and I live in a suburb of Houston, TX. My life isn't super exciting or ultra dramatic, but I love it! My blogs are just a peek into my life as I know it. I'm quite random and have an opinion on everything, but I love everyone's aspect on things, even if I disagree. The world would be quite boring if not! :-)

9/28/2009

Happy Monday!

Good morning to all.. I'm highly caffeinated this morning, so hopefully this post doesn't go all over the place.. but then again, it wouldn't be me if it wasn't, right? LOL

Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend. Mine was really nice. I took Friday off because I felt sick on Thursday.. thankfully it was just allergies, and I woke up feeling fine on Friday. I picked my mom up from her place, and brought her over to mine so she could do laundry. Later we went to Wallyworld so she could do her grocery shopping and all of that fun stuff. Later, I went to the Asian supermarket and bought some chinese sausage for some fried rice that I'll be making this week. While there I went next door to a teahouse and has some Thai tapioca tea.. OMG if you've never had tapioca tea.. it's so good.. Sometimes it's called bubble tea as well. Basically, it's tea with tapioca balls in it. Sounds weird, but it's fun, and actually quite filling for very few calories (depending on the type of tea you get!)

Saturday, John and I went to the Astros game. One of his friends turned 40, and her husband got a suite at the game. We got our butts handed to us.. I lost track, but I think the score was 10-4. OUCH! We still had a lot of fun.

Sunday, John grilled redfish for us. We had a few friends over - Jil and Jason, and Michelle and David. I love hanging out with my friends.. it's awesome! :)
Jil taught me how to make a yummy pasta dish. She's so creative in the kitchen.. and elsewhere too. I'm not creative at all! I'm trying to absorb her aura though! :)

My mom turns 65 this week. I got her a ticket to go to New York for a few weeks so she can visit the family next month. On Wednesday (her birthday), we're going to grill some fish and then take her shopping for some clothes for her trip! :)

Hope all is well with everyone... Have a great day!!!

2 comments:

Chris H said...

Pffft! I tried to leave a comment on your "Cankles" post... but blogger wouldn't let me!
so here it is:
Sometimes you just have to accept that you can't change everything on your body that you don't like... so look at what is great and ignore what you don't like! Easier said than done, but if you don't you will never be happy.

Kim H. said...

I must know about Jil's pasta dish... you know how I am about recipes. :-)