I'm getting back into the blogging spirit.... maybe it's fall coming on the horizon? I love the fall through spring weather that Houston has.. the summer is almost unbearable, though!
One treat that you can enjoy year round anywhere though is Pom Wonderful's 100% Pomegranate juice! It's a delicious juice that is pure juice with no added sugars, colors or cheap filler juices.
A few fun facts about the juice and pomegranates:
- It's the only juice whose health benefits are backed by $25 million in research. Participants in clinical studies experienced significant improvement in heart, prostate & erectile health after drinking eight oz of Pom Wonderful 100% Pomegranate juice daily!
- Throughout history, pomegranates have been revered as a symbol of health, fertility and rebirth.
- Many scholars suggest that it was the pomegranate, not an apple, depicted in the biblical Garden of Eden.
- Pomegranate juice has more and better antioxidants then red wine, grape juice, blueberry juice, cranberry juice, vitamin C, Vitamin E and Green Tea... even acai juice, which is getting all the media buzz right now!
If you haven't tried it before, I highly recommend it. I love the fruit itself as well, but the juice is a lot cleaner and usually a lot more affordable! For us gastric bypass patients, I'd water it down a little.. you still get the sweetness, but it may be a little bit of an overload.. there is no added sugar, but if you don't tolerate sugar much at all, definitely water it down a tad. I handle it full strength just fine, but I always water down any juices that I drink.
Pom Wonderful also makes iced coffees, pomegranate teas, and even has an antioxidant super pill.
About Gastric Girl
- Laurie (TheSafestScents.com)
- Tomball, TX, United States
- My name is Laurie. I'm 34 and I live in a suburb of Houston, TX. My life isn't super exciting or ultra dramatic, but I love it! My blogs are just a peek into my life as I know it. I'm quite random and have an opinion on everything, but I love everyone's aspect on things, even if I disagree. The world would be quite boring if not! :-)