About Gastric Girl

My photo
Tomball, TX, United States
My name is Laurie. I'm 34 and I live in a suburb of Houston, TX. My life isn't super exciting or ultra dramatic, but I love it! My blogs are just a peek into my life as I know it. I'm quite random and have an opinion on everything, but I love everyone's aspect on things, even if I disagree. The world would be quite boring if not! :-)

6/15/2010

Good Day!

Well, today I had my gastro-doc appointment... All went well.  Since I'm not experiencing any pain with my ulcer, he told me that there's no need for another camera test at this point... whew!   I'm still paying off the last two! LOL      All I need to do is monitor how I'm feeling, and if I start to experience pain, then I need to go in and he'll do another test on me.

Since I got out of work early for my appointment, I went to the gym on the way home.  I did one hour on the elliptical machine and burned a total of 650 calories! WAHOO!!!   I wanted to get off after 30 but I kept trekking along, and made it through the end... I felt great afterwards, and sat in the sauna for a few minutes and then left to take care of the pups!     In my gym bag I forgot to pack a t-shirt, so I unfortunately had to wear the pink silky shirt that I wore to work today! Ha!  I'm sure I got a few funny looks..  I guess it's better than forgetting your pants or shoes though, right? :) (I've done both of those before too, and just left the gym instead of completing a workout.. lol

Now I'm back to reading my book and just trying to relax for the rest of the evening..  I have a late night at work tomorrow to make up some of my hours for today, and to get my half day on Friday.

Have a great night everyone! :)

13 comments:

Sarah G said...

Great news on the ulcer! Way to go on the work out!

~Sarah

http://nwanonymom.blogspot.com/

MB said...

Yes, good job on burning that many calories...with the pink shirt to boot. LOL! :)

Falon said...

Ugh! I'd kill for a Friday 1/2 day. Awesome job on the elliptical, way to kick arse!

Janine said...

yay - I have a 1/2 day on Friday as well, although I have to work Saturday morning this week....

Christine said...

But....what did you do about a bra? I couldn't possibly wear the same bra working out as I do at work. I'd fall out of it in thirty seconds. I'd rather forget my shoes (and work out in heels) than forget my bra!

Laurie (TheSafestScents.com) said...

haha, I had my sports bra, about 4 pairs of socks (b/c I've forgotten those too many times, and several of everything else - just no shirt! I now have 3 shirts packed in my bag as well! hehe

Unfortunately though, I probably don't even need a bra... I've shrunken so much! SAD SAD SAD!!!

Heather said...

OH my goodness, that's hysterical! Pink silky shirt! I'm going to try that some time. :-) I bet you got to work out with a smile - and 650 calories - totally worth it!

Great news on the ulcer. I'm so glad you didn't have to go through the torture of the test.

You're in for a great week!
Sending hugs your way . . .

karen@fitnessjourney said...

I'm sure that was a relief from a medical standpoint AND on your wallet. Great job on the workout too!

Chrissy said...

Great news on the ulcer! Great work out too!

What are you reading and how is the pup?

Laurie (TheSafestScents.com) said...

Chrissy - right now I'm reading City of Bones - book 1 in the Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare (i think that's her name).. it's kind of along the lines of Twilight/Harry Potter/etc... Teen reading.. I like those best b/c of my short attention span! LOL

The puppies are starting to get along a little better... Seth is starting to realize he can't play as rough b/c he can hurt Roxcee... I'll try to get more pictures up soon!

Chibi said...

Glad to hear you've gotten the all-clear from the doc! Way to go on the workout, too! :)

Chris H said...

Great news about the tummy! An hour on the eliptical! Wow that is good!

Laurens_Closet said...

I work out for an hour on the elliptical every day but I usually burn about 550 calories... your 650 is putting me to shame! Good for you- you look amazing!

Amy
rebuildingamy.blogspot.com