About Gastric Girl

My photo
Tomball, TX, United States
My name is Laurie. I'm 34 and I live in a suburb of Houston, TX. My life isn't super exciting or ultra dramatic, but I love it! My blogs are just a peek into my life as I know it. I'm quite random and have an opinion on everything, but I love everyone's aspect on things, even if I disagree. The world would be quite boring if not! :-)

3/04/2009

Back to Life, Back to Reality


Hello all! I'm back to work as of Monday of this week, right in the middle of my month end close. The funny thing is, they don't want me to work more than 8 hours a day to try to prevent me from stressing out. Well, if I miss my deadline b/c I can't work an extra hour or two, I think I'll stress more! I've never NOT made my deadline. We shall see how this week pans out.. lol


This past weekend, I celebrated my 33rd birthday. A few of my friends came over for cake and ice cream, and then we went to Benihana. Yes, dessert first! LOL We went to Dave & Busters afterwards and had a great time!

My sweet, wonderful boyfriend bought me my bike for my birthday. I ended up getting a TREK 7100, and it's SWEET! I love it! We're going riding this weekend, and I simply cannot wait! :) It'll be great exercise, I'll get some Vitamin D in the sunshine, and most importantly, it will be FUN! :)
I'm feeling a lot better now as well. No more stomach aches. Life without a gallbladder is much more comfortable than my life with my gallbladder as of late.. Or maybe it was the hernia.. Life is definitely better without the hernia! lol Leave it to me to get the complication with a 0.0025% complication rate!
Anyways, I better get back to work. I just wanted to check in with everyone. I'll be catching up on my blog reading over the next few days.
Love to you all! :)
xoxo

6 comments:

Heather said...

Happy Birthday!!! It sounds like you had a great time!

What a GREAT boyfriend! I can't wait to hear how the weekend ride goes!

I'm also very glad to hear that you are doing better. What a scare that was! I tend to be one of those "rare" case people too. Let's hope that we both start being the "rare" lotto winners or millionaires, right?

Thanks for the update! Take care of yourself!
Heather

Kim H. said...

Welcome back! We've missed you in bloggy land... I hope that you're feeling better than ever!! :-) I can't wait to see pics of the bike riding... enjoy it... you've earned it.

Janine said...

Happy belated Birthday. It was great catching up with you on WOW for a little bit. Fantastic pressie that your boyfriend got you.
I am kinda hoping as I had a stricture about 8 weeks post op that I am done with any complications.

Meghan said...

You're going to love that bike, guaranteed!! Happy bday!

Donna said...

Happy birthday -- what an awesome gift!

Just one question... when will you be ready for the MS150? I need a post-op buddy to ride with me!

Donna said...

Happy birthday -- what an awesome gift!

Just one question... when will you be ready for the MS150? I need a post-op buddy to ride with me!