About Gastric Girl

My photo
Tomball, TX, United States
My name is Laurie. I'm 34 and I live in a suburb of Houston, TX. My life isn't super exciting or ultra dramatic, but I love it! My blogs are just a peek into my life as I know it. I'm quite random and have an opinion on everything, but I love everyone's aspect on things, even if I disagree. The world would be quite boring if not! :-)

3/24/2009

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

I'm having a tough day today.. I hopped on the scale, and it said 160. So, that's like a 5 pound gain over the past few days. What caused it? Lots of things. I will use bullet points, as they are uber cool! heheh
  • I had a terrible lunch yesterday. A Whataburger Jr (most of the bread too), small frieds
  • I ate 5 Oreos last night (spaced out so I didn't dump)
  • I haven't been going to the gym on a regular basis b/c everyone is paranoid I'm going to over do it.
  • I haven't been making the best food choices all around lately.

As far as the burger goes.. I paid for it.. dry heaves, and feeling like crap.. so I doubt I will do that again anytime soon.

Oreos? Well, my nephews were in town last week, and my mom feels the need to sugar them up.. she's grandma after all. Well, the Oreos are gone now, thank heavens! unforunately, they're gone via my stomach! :(

I am going back to the gym again today. Once last week doesn't cut it. I need more activity than that. I am only going to do cardio. I don't want to hurt myself or over do it.. I just want to burn calories.

As far as food choices go... I have head hunger like crazy lately. I don't know why, but I need to fix it. I need to get my book out again and start following it. If any of you haven't gotten the Beck Diet Solution, by Judith Beck, I HIGHLY recommend it. The subtitle is "How to Train Your Brain to Think Like a Thin Person". I digress though, you have to read it.. simply owning it doesn't do crap for ya, take it from me!!! It's a really good read though, and you have tasks to do on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.

Well, I don't want to be more of a Debbie Downer today, so I'll just end this here! lol
Hopefully tomorrow I'll be cheerful and weigh a little less. I just hope part of this is water weight!!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Don't be down! I'm sure there are several reasons for the gain and I highly doubt it'll stay!

Besides, look at how well you're investigating and knowing how to change! That's great!

You'll feel better when you get back into your regular routine. The gym will help. Just ease into it and all will be back to normal quickly!

Don't let this destroy your day. You're taking charge and that has got to feel good!!!!

Sending hugs your way!

Kim H. said...

I 100% know how you feel... at least you have ideas as to what is causing it though! I am going to have to check out that book - it sounds great!

Hang in there... you'll be back in business soon.

Liza said...

Sorry you are having a hard time! That head hunger is the worst. It's one of the things that I am struggling with myself, trying to get it under control now pre-op. I think I will check out that book you recommended. Hope you are feeling better now. Thanks for coming by my blog, I love yours!

Anonymous said...

It's very ironic that I have heard about The Beck Diet two days in a row; once from you and once from Jillian Michaels' podcast. She recommended it as well.
We all have days like you had and we will have days like that again. I need to detox from carbs because I am crazy for them right now. I haven't been on the scale because I am scared but I have been walking or kickboxing each day.
Anyway, sounds like you have already turned things around which is awesome! We just can't get too down on ourselves for the occasional bad day. The point is to have the bad day, then get back in the saddle and plod on!