About Gastric Girl

My photo
Tomball, TX, United States
My name is Laurie. I'm 34 and I live in a suburb of Houston, TX. My life isn't super exciting or ultra dramatic, but I love it! My blogs are just a peek into my life as I know it. I'm quite random and have an opinion on everything, but I love everyone's aspect on things, even if I disagree. The world would be quite boring if not! :-)

3/27/2009

Ch-ch-ch-changes!

Yesterday, I was one grumpy B*#()! Why? I'm not sure. I'm usually a sunshiney, happy-go-lucky kinda girl. But yesterday, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed and never got over it. Today, I'm still kind of grumpy. I HATE IT! I could just be tired... it could be my chronic fatigue becoming "active" again.. it could be any number of things.
I'm not one to make excuses and accept things though. That was the old me. The old me could justify anything, and I will NOT let myself go there again. The past few days I've been feeling the old me trying to resurface.. I've been eating more, and I'm not even hungry. I know it's head hunger. Head hunger is pure evil! So, I'm spending the day making a conscious effort to only eat when I'm hungry, or when I should be eating (ie. lunch). I'm cutting out snacking. If I have head hunger, I will go get myself a cup of calorie free coffee. I'm so close to goal and I will not let the old me sabotoge the new me. I like the new me much better!

In a nutshell, here's my focus for the weekend:
  • Work out - whether it's bike riding, walking, the gym.. get a good hour to two hours of sweaty, calorie-burning activity over the weekend.
  • No Snacking! Weekends are usually not a problem for me.. it's while I'm at work.. but I want to add this anyways.. lol
  • Plan my meals for next week and grocery shop. This is a huge downfall for me. I need to plan every meal, and get snacks that are good for me. Cheese Nips be gone!
  • Get my liquids in.... I am a HUGE slacker when it comes to getting my water in. HUGE! I can honestly say that there have been maybe 5 days since surgery where I have gotten at least 64 ounces of water in. This is not good!

I think that's good for now - I don't want to overwhelm myself more than usual! LOL

As far as fun things for the weekend go, I'm not sure what John and I are doing tonight.. Hopefully something low-key and relaxed, as I'm feeling exhausted! Tomorrow, we're going for our weekly bike ride with some friends if the weather cooperates. Tomorrow evening is our monthly game night at Michelle's house. They're always lots of fun! I will allow myself to have a drink or two, but I will not go overboard! :) Then, Sunday will hopefully be another low-key kind of day! :)

Hope you all have great weekends! I'm usually not a poster on the weekends, so I'll be catching up on blogs today and Monday! :)
xoxox

L

5 comments:

Kim H. said...

Hang in there - I find the rainy weather to be a big culprit of my bad eating habits... or well it tends to make me want to hybernate more than usual.

I was going to tell you - I remembered last night your post about bruising... and when I was at Dr. W's this week talking about my memory problems in relation to vitamin deficiency - he asked me specifically about brusing... so if you're still having it - call him and have him check your vitamins!!

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend, Laurie!

My weekends are my bad snacking days...and then there is weekend wine. I love the stuff, but I keep myself very in check. Not that I think I could have a transfer addiction but it is always in the back of the mind! Your weekend plan sounds great! We used to do game nights BC (before children) and I really miss them! We would laugh until our sides ached!

Liza said...

I have been feeling kind of out of sorts myself lately, wonder why all of sudden? Your list for the weekend could easily be mine! Have a great weekend!

Janine said...

I think a few of us are feeling in a funk at the moment, and the head hunger is definately affecting me....boredom and stress are still playing there part as well.

Hope you manage to acheive the things you need to over the weekend and see ya next week....

Anonymous said...

Hey Laurie, just wanted to tell you I got the oatmeal at Harris Teeter grocery store. Have a great weekend too!

Cindy