About Gastric Girl

My photo
Tomball, TX, United States
My name is Laurie. I'm 34 and I live in a suburb of Houston, TX. My life isn't super exciting or ultra dramatic, but I love it! My blogs are just a peek into my life as I know it. I'm quite random and have an opinion on everything, but I love everyone's aspect on things, even if I disagree. The world would be quite boring if not! :-)

3/12/2009

Dr. W Update

I had my appointment with Dr. Weinstein yesterday, and all is well. He wants me to wait a month from surgery (so march 18th) to go to the gym. He said that I could go now, but based on what he's heard from me in the past, I should wait a month b/c I have a tendency to overdo it. LOL He did say I can skip Dr. J's appointment since he's taking care of me. My excess armage (like my new word?) is all extra skin, no fat. Same with my extra guttage.. I didn't drop my pants to show him my melted thighs, but I can assume it's about 50% skin and the rest fat.. lol. He basically said, whatever body parts you hated the worst before, you're going to still hate them b/c of extra skin, and I probably have about 8 lbs of extra skin on me.. JOY!

Kim, Dr. W said hi, and he asked how John was doing. :-) He's so nice! I told him that from reading your blogs, he's doing great and following the rules. :-)

On another note, in an effort to cut spending, I have quit Weight Watchers. I'm close enough to goal and really want to get close to financial goals, so I figured that would be a good start, as it's $39.99 a month, and I've been missing more than I've been attending lately!

It's so chilly today. It's fireplace and hot cocoa weather, and I'm at work and freezing.. bummer deal! I'm sipping my cinnabon coffee though, and it's delish!

I hope everyone has a great weekend! I'm going to Austin with John on Saturday to go to one of my Broadway Across America shows, Spamalot! It should be lots of fun! :) I want to go on another bike ride, but it doesn't look like the weather is going to cooperate! :(

2 comments:

Kim H. said...

Sounds like he's got it all under control. Interesting perspective on the body parts that you hated before surgery still being the ones you hate now... that is really true in my case. :-) Of course when I notice them and then push on it... it only gets worse!

He really is the nicest most attentive doctor ever - that really is the only thing I got out of Dr. Naaman's office... and I think it was worth it! I would still have crappy doctors if it weren't for that seminar. :-) Uh, yeah - John is already lost 40 pounds... SERIOUSLY - he's over 1/3 of the way to the amount that I've lost total. SCARY!

Maybe the sky will clear up for a bike ride later in the weekend. Enjoy the show!

Anonymous said...

Let us know how the show is, Laurie! I love theater and we almost saw this show in NYC but they didn't have a matinee that day and "Gypsy" with Patti Lapone was on the agenda for evening!
Glad to hear you are doing so much better!