About Gastric Girl

My photo
Tomball, TX, United States
My name is Laurie. I'm 34 and I live in a suburb of Houston, TX. My life isn't super exciting or ultra dramatic, but I love it! My blogs are just a peek into my life as I know it. I'm quite random and have an opinion on everything, but I love everyone's aspect on things, even if I disagree. The world would be quite boring if not! :-)

7/28/2010

Rough Time

I don't like posting when I don't have a lot of positive things to say, but I realized I haven't written in awhile. Maybe this will help!
I feel like I'm stuck in a rut right now and am having a hard time digging myself out!   I don't know what brought it on.. maybe post-vacation back to reality?   maybe the fact that I've gained a few pounds?  maybe the changes at my work that make the future unknown (lots of new management changes)?  maybe that since we got back from Florida, I haven't been able to spend much time with John since his work seems to be trying to kill him with hours? 

I KNOW that I've been making bad choices with food lately.  80% of my choices are excellent, but those 20% are REALLY REALLY BAD, and probably completely discount the other 80%.   I haven't been working out.   I have been consuming extreme amounts of coffee (although low calorie, not exactly something that a health-conscious person should be doing).  I haven't been sleeping well.   I'm normally a very social person, but lately I just want to hide in a hole.   

I don't want this to be a pity party, but I also had to get it out there.    Maybe that's what I need to do just to start to dig my way out!  

My first step is to try to get at least 8-9 hours of sleep tonight.    It's hard to want to do anything when you can barely keep your head up from being so tired!  I actually LOVE being at the gym, but the biggest chore is getting dressed and ready to go to the gym.  

Anyway - I mainly wanted to check in and let you all know I'm ok..   I will get out of this rut, and I'm actually surprised that it's been awhile since I've been in a rut. 

xoxox to you all!

9 comments:

Jen said...

I hope you get some seriously awesome sleep tonight that will have you feeling better ASAP.

If vacations weren't so fantastic, they wouldn't be worth the post-trip blues. It really is hard to get back in the swing of things following a nice relaxing getaway.

Janine said...

Didn't you mention recntly that you possibly have Chronic Fatique? If so, don't you think alot of what you are going through right now may just be a bad bout?

Your blog is here for you no matter where you are at, and I would rather hear that you are not doing so well so I can offer support (not pity) as I know you do for me my friend.

Maybe come and jump on WOW for a bit so we can take out our frustrations on murlocs!!!

Hugs and lots of love and support.

Donut Diva said...

Coming back from a vacation is always hard. One you realize your back and have a million things to do, and two you are so tired.
Just realize you are a huge inspiration to so many people. I look at you and think there is hope for me getting past this 50 pound mark.

DD-
Www.bandedup.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

I'm sending you a hug via the internet!! **hugs** Here's hoping you get a great night sleep tonight!! I recommend taking a nice hot bubble bath about an hour beforehand, that always relaxes me.

:)
Rach

B said...

Hi Laurie, just wanted to send some hugs and positive thoughts your way :-) Hope you get out of your rut soon. xx

Falon said...

We can't be good all the time, Laurie. You know where you're messing up and you'll fix it. hugsss

Christine said...

Come back soon! I hope that you start feeling better asap!

Change for Good said...

I'm sorry you are feeling down. I think one of my flaws when I am making "bad" choices is that I'm instantly going to pop back to 393 pounds.
Get some rest....sleep will do wonders! :)

Donna said...

You know a dietitian told me that living 80%/20% is actually a good goal. We've just got to be accurate that it is really 80/20.

You've been super busy lately and not to make excuses but stress and fatigue can just take over and we're less likely to make smarter choices.

When If all in a rut I just try to fix 1 thing every day... just one thing. Generally that gets me back in the spin of things.

You'll get your groove back. I have no doubt. :)