Today, I have a guest post over at Kim's blog, Knitten Kittens - please go give her some love while she's on a mission trip! :-) Speaking of guest posts, I still need a few more for when I go on vacation.. The topic is yours to choose, and hopefully you'll get some blog lovin from some new people! Email me if you're interested! laurie9797(at)gmail.com
Today's Thursday 13 is a snack edition - I'm unfortunately a stress eater, so these are my go-to snacks so I don't do too much damage!
- Jerky - High protein, and low fat... It's a great snack. Just watch the sodium! Good thing is it makes me super thirsty too, so I drink my water! Have you all heard that there is a caffeinated jerky out there? Have any of you tried it?
- Cheese - Who doesn't love cheese? Another high protein snack, but gotta watch the calories. The great thing is that a little goes a long way.. it's incredibly filling!
- Hard-boiled eggs - Yum! I love these, and they're the perfect little snack.
- Meatballs - Yeah, a weird snack, but I get some chicken/pineapple meatballs at Costco, and they're delicious. I usually have 2-3 meatballs for one of my meals/snacks, and it's delish!
- Edamame - I love these lil soybeans! Seapoint Farms has a dry roasted edamame, and I love the steamed ones too. They're very good, filling, and yes, high protein!
- Jicama - I love jicama...I sprinkle a little salad dressing on it, and it's a great mini-meal!
- Watermelon - Mmmm... I can eat so much of this stuff. It's unreal! My favorite fruit by far.
- Carnation No Sugar Added Instant Breakfasts - If I need something sweet, this is something that I love. It's full of protein and vitamins, and tastes pretty good too!
- Coffee - technically not a food, but I have a love affair with coffee. This would actually be #1 on the list. This week, my favorite is the skinny vanilla latte... next week, who knows! LOL
- Tuna Fish/Canned Chicken - Instead of mayo, I mash up avocado and use that as a dressing... it's really good! Add some celery and hard boiled eggs, and it's a meal!
- Pop Chips - this is an empty snack, but I'm human, right? LOL
- Tortilla Pizzas - so many varieties for any taste... delicious! :)
- Bananas - YUM! I love these things.. :)