About Gastric Girl

My photo
Tomball, TX, United States
My name is Laurie. I'm 34 and I live in a suburb of Houston, TX. My life isn't super exciting or ultra dramatic, but I love it! My blogs are just a peek into my life as I know it. I'm quite random and have an opinion on everything, but I love everyone's aspect on things, even if I disagree. The world would be quite boring if not! :-)

3/12/2008

My Vitamin Intake

Lacy asked that I blog about the vitamins I take. From right after surgery to last week, I was taking Flintstones 2X a day, Twinlabs Calcium Carbonate, and Biotion, and a monthly Vitamin D supplement. My 3 month labs showed that I was very low in Vitamin D so my doctor got a custom supplement made from a compounding pharmacy.. I had never heard of that before!
So here’s my breakdown1X a month (around the 15th, but that doesn’t matter! hehe) - 50,000IU of Vitamin D.. I open the capsule and drop in a teaspoon of applesauce. Thank the lord it’s just once a month!Morning and Evening - Bariatric Advantage Multi Vitamin in Passion Fruit - 1 in the AM and 1 in the PM
10AM ish, Noonish, and 2PMish - Bariatric Advantage Calcium Citrate Cinnamon Lozenges - 1 at each time.
Daily - 1000mcg of Biotin - Nature’s Way sublingual. This doesn’t taste too bad, but not too good either.. very tolerable! I take this for hair and nails. My hair is very fine and I am definitely going through the hairloss portion of the journey. It scares me to bits! So, anything I can do to help that, I will do.
One thing I need to start taking is an Iron supplement. The Flintstones had plenty of iron in them, but the Bariatric Advantage multi-vitamins do not. I will be ordering those from BA very soon.
My doctor told me that people who take the BA vitamins generally have excellent labwork. That’s what I want to hear! :)
Now, if they’ll just put protein in those yummy cinnamon lozenges!

No comments: