About Gastric Girl

My photo
Tomball, TX, United States
My name is Laurie. I'm 34 and I live in a suburb of Houston, TX. My life isn't super exciting or ultra dramatic, but I love it! My blogs are just a peek into my life as I know it. I'm quite random and have an opinion on everything, but I love everyone's aspect on things, even if I disagree. The world would be quite boring if not! :-)

3/06/2008

Protein Powder Review - Optipro M Rich Cocoa


I spent $34.99 at Whole Foods on this protein powder. It’s loaded with whey protein, low in calories, and has added nutrition (Flaxseed Meal, L-Glutamine). But, as all WLSers have to deal with… how does it taste? I’m not impressed. It’s a mix of soy and whey protein, so when you blend it, the little foamies form on top of the shake (the whey is what causes this). That is a huge turnoff for me - I can’t stand to drink that. It is drinkable though. It has 40g of protein in one scoop. I add a tablespoon or two of Bell Plantation’s PB2 to give it a chocolate peanut butter taste. It’s definitely not my favorite protein powder though, and I will not buy again.
I’ll go ahead and review PB2 in the next post - It’s a Godsend for this surgery.

1 comment:

health said...

Health is always great topic, anyone want to good health, You can increase your energy and refresh yourself.This is amazing supplement.try it now and get fast results.
Click here: buy protein powder