About Gastric Girl

My photo
Tomball, TX, United States
My name is Laurie. I'm 34 and I live in a suburb of Houston, TX. My life isn't super exciting or ultra dramatic, but I love it! My blogs are just a peek into my life as I know it. I'm quite random and have an opinion on everything, but I love everyone's aspect on things, even if I disagree. The world would be quite boring if not! :-)

3/06/2008

Stress Eating

Ugh - I hate deadlines! Every month at work, we have a deadline day, which is very stressful. I’m finding myself craving foods I haven’t craved since before surgery.. Chocolate, candy, etc. I haven’t caved into that, but I have caved into eating. I am having some sharp 1.5% cheddar cheese. I hate that I let myself become a victim of stress again, but I am glad that my choices are better. I had been so proud until now that I really had a grip on food. I fear that I may slip into bad habits if I don’t do something about it. It’s really crazy how this surgery makes you plan.. We probably wouldn’t have needed the surgery if we had smart snack choices vs. vending machines and soda machines. Ok, I think I’m done venting for now!

1 comment:

Matthew Wilson said...

It's my problem too. Can't stop eating when I'm nervous